mamma mia here we go again - vapordave's wellbeing blog

Watch this thread
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hi! you probably already know me by now :lol: call me vapordave/dave/david, whatever.
I've just come off a not so good time wellbeing-wise so I thought this would be a good idea.

a bit about me:
I'm currently in Year 12 taking Physics, Maths and Computer Science A-Levels. I'm also trying to self teach Further Maths but I am very behind :eek:

goals for 2022:
- apply to university
- apply to university in america
- learn to drive
- get a job
- get support for my mental health
- write more (hopefully this blog will help)
- be a better forum helper
- try my best to get a revision groove going and get 4A* (pipe dream at this point)

I can't promise any updates after this :lol:
vapordave
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
update 1: 2021

I made a failed wellbeing blog last year. Let's see how many goals I achieved:

1: Get started on learning Japanese - Done!! I've started learning kanji properly and it's going well. I haven't properly started on grammar but there are bits and pieces I've picked up
2: Start getting some schoolwork done - none of that happened in lockdown 3 :lol:
3: Get satisfactory GCSE grades - I've touched on this before but I'm slightly upset with them. They're not bad though.
a: Push Maths 6 -> 8 - I got a 7 and resat (results next week!!)
b: Push English Literature 3 -> 7 - I got a 6 but that's still a three grade improvement
c: Push Religious Studies 4 -> 7 - I got a 7
4: Grow out my hair / Learn how to take care of said longer hair - It's definitely longer, though I've had it cut in the last year. I think I'm making progress haircare wise
5: Start saving some money / Be more responsible with money - Nope, it's worse now that I eat lunch outside :lol:
6: Get a job - Unsuccessful
7: Start exercising more often - did not happen though I naturally walk more for college
8: Take Vitamin D every day - that lasted maybe a month
9: Practice mindfulness more often - I forgot about this :lol:
10: Learn some languages for fun! - Japanese is the only one I've given serious thought though I guess it's still for fun
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Following!

Wow that was a lot of goals to try and work towards last year to be fair I've only got 3 goals and that's enough for me :lol:

Good luck! I'll be making updates more regularly this year so that should help us all
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
That blog title deserves a follow from TLG Wishing you well with your goals, especially the mental health-related ones :penguinhug:
vapordave
Rep:
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Following!

Wow that was a lot of goals to try and work towards last year to be fair I've only got 3 goals and that's enough for me :lol:

Good luck! I'll be making updates more regularly this year so that should help us all
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
That blog title deserves a follow from TLG Wishing you well with your goals, especially the mental health-related ones :penguinhug:
Thank you both; I'll try my best
vapordave
Rep:
update 1 (idk should i make a schedule):

Things are off to a good start. My attendance so far is 100% (go me!) and things are going smoothly. The workload isn't that bad but I have lots of non-academic things that I've been ignoring I did ask my computer science teacher for a reference for my application to the Sutton Trust US programme and he happily agreed so that's great. He went to MIT so we've talked a lot about applying to university in the US and stuff.

It's also my birthday today which makes me officially one year closer to adulthood. yay?
vapordave
Rep:
november 2021 series results day: gcse maths resit

I GOT AN 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Vapordave)

Amazing!! Well done! :woo: :party:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Many congrats! :awesome: :yeah: :woo: :danceboy: :smug:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

well done
vapordave
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Amazing!! Well done! :woo: :party:
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Many congrats! :awesome: :yeah: :woo: :danceboy: :smug:
(Original post by Obolinda)
well done
Thank you all!!!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's also my birthday today which makes me officially one year closer to adulthood. yay?
Ah ****, I missed this post somehow: belated birthday wishes, and hope you had a nice day :hugs:
STUDENTINNEED21
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Do u guys remember the topics that came up for maths(edxcel)?
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Vapordave - how are your goals going?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (25)
39.06%
The paper was reasonable (21)
32.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (12)
18.75%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
9.38%

Watched Threads