The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Veterinary medicine

Hiya, I am very keen to study the Veterinary Medicine and Science course at Surrey. My problem is that I am currently studying a Level 3 Technical Diploma in Equine Management and am not sure how to meet the entry requirements without changing to A-Levels.

My course does have a biology module which I have been told is equivalent to one AS Level, but I am not sure if this would help my case. Has anyone at Surrey gotten in with a Technical Diploma before? If so do you feel it has put you at a disadvantage to your peers to not have had the Biology and Chemistry background to the same extent?

Thank you,
Evie
Original post by elmb2004
Hiya, I am very keen to study the Veterinary Medicine and Science course at Surrey. My problem is that I am currently studying a Level 3 Technical Diploma in Equine Management and am not sure how to meet the entry requirements without changing to A-Levels.

My course does have a biology module which I have been told is equivalent to one AS Level, but I am not sure if this would help my case. Has anyone at Surrey gotten in with a Technical Diploma before? If so do you feel it has put you at a disadvantage to your peers to not have had the Biology and Chemistry background to the same extent?

Thank you,
Evie

Hi Evie,

It's great to hear that you are interested to study Veterinary Medicine and Science at Surrey. I would suggest speaking to our admissions team as they may be able to advise on you on the entry requirements and allow you to ask them some questions!

You can call them on the number below:

Tel: +44 (0)1483 682222
Monday to Friday between 10am - 12noon and 2pm - 4pm.

Please let me know if you have any questions as I am here to help :smile:

Becca (Psychology Student)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Hi Becca,

Thank you so much! I love the look of Surrey and will be sure to contact admissions, I really hope there is a way to make it work.

Thanks again,
Evie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending