Interview for Lincoln's Inn Scholarship?

Watch this thread
hedislimane
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Has anyone received confirmation of whether or not they have got a Lincoln's Inn Bar Course Scholarship interview yet?
Barris_12
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
not yet...
hedislimane
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Barris_12)
not yet...
I'm still waiting. Looking like they are taking their time this year. I know someone who said they got their's on the 13th Jan last year. Fairly sure they send out rejections and acceptance at the same time so I suppose this delay is no cause for alarm.
T__Hardaker
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hedislimane)
I'm still waiting. Looking like they are taking their time this year. I know someone who said they got their's on the 13th Jan last year. Fairly sure they send out rejections and acceptance at the same time so I suppose this delay is no cause for alarm.
I’ve done some stalking on their website and apparently their scholarship committee is meeting on the 26th so maybe they’ll tell us then?
hedislimane
Rep:
(Original post by T__Hardaker)
I’ve done some stalking on their website and apparently their scholarship committee is meeting on the 26th so maybe they’ll tell us then?
Very interesting. Would you mind sending me the link to that?
Barris_12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
it would be great if we have a whatsapp group so we could have everyone updated.
Barris_12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
it would be great if we have a whatsapp group so we could have everyone updated.
+94777005599 whatsapp
T__Hardaker
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
+94777005599 whatsapp
+440783028294 WhatsApp
Pythian
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
No. I am still waiting too.
T__Hardaker
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
https://www.lincolnsinn.org.uk/whats...s-committee-6/
Very interesting. Would you mind sending me the link to that?
hedislimane
Rep:
Anyone heard anything?
mikehand2412
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Anyone heard anything?
Nothing yet... hopefully by end of day tomorrow
mikehand2412
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Did anyone make a WhatsApp? If so put me on, please... +44 (0) 7591668150
mikehand2412
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey all, I did make a post that @Barris_12 made a group chat with the link but TSR mods have blocked it. Instead, I can WhatsApp or text you the link if you contact me on +44 (0) 7591668150.

Best of luck to you all, hopefully we hear something today! 🤞
Pythian
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by mikehand2412)
Nothing yet... hopefully by end of day tomorrow
Today? You think it's going to be today?

Christ! I'm so anxious/nervous now
mikehand2412
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well, the email said the following:

'Thank you for submitting your Bar Course Scholarship application. Your unique reference number is XXXX.

Please click here to login and view/download a PDF copy of your completed Bar Course Scholarship application form. This will now be reviewed and you will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application in January.'

I doubt they would leave it to the very last day of January to tell us and I doubt they work weekends so I would assume they will be announced today.

If it's any consolation, I'm super nervous too! We are all in the same boat but I'm sure it will be fine

(Original post by Pythian)
Today? You think it's going to be today?

Christ! I'm so anxious/nervous now
Pythian
Report 3 months ago
Well, the email said the following:

'Thank you for submitting your Bar Course Scholarship application. Your unique reference number is XXXX.

Please click here to login and view/download a PDF copy of your completed Bar Course Scholarship application form. This will now be reviewed and you will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application in January.'

I doubt they would leave it to the very last day of January to tell us and I doubt they work weekends so I would assume they will be announced today.

If it's any consolation, I'm super nervous too! We are all in the same boat but I'm sure it will be fine
Oh gosh, the wait is awful, isn't it?
which bar providers have you applied to?
I have also applied to do masters!!
mikehand2412
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh gosh, the wait is awful, isn't it?
which bar providers have you applied to?
I have also applied to do masters!!
I'm hoping to do the LLM BPC at University of Law Manchester. The wait is t e r r i b l e haha!

How about you?
Last edited by mikehand2412; 3 months ago
Pythian
Report 3 months ago
I'm hoping to do the LLM BPC at University of Law Manchester. The wait is t e r r i b l e haha!

How about you?
Oh God. It's complicated. I've applied to ICCA & City. I also applied for BCL, Cambridge LLM & UCL LLM. I might apply to Uni of Law and LSE also.
mikehand2412
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh God. It's complicated. I've applied to ICCA & City. I also applied for BCL, Cambridge LLM & UCL LLM. I might apply to Uni of Law and LSE also.
Very nice! I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those choices!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads