tiredlol33
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a uni interview and i asked to bring in an Item/artefact to illustrate why I wish to be a primary school teacher.
i know how to answer the question but not sure what item can illustrate this.
What object can explain my interests in becoming a teacher and the qualities and skills you think you possess that would help me to become a great teacher
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi tiredlol33

Please do not worry too much about your object. That is not the point at all. It's there to form a basis of your interview. You are being asked to demonstrate that you are able to engage with an audience, tell the interviewers a little of yourself and to see your levels of creativity.

I would suggest that you consider an object that represents you as a trainee primary teacher. What are your hopes and dreams for this role and what is driving your ambition. Speak passionately and try to engage with the audience. Can you think of a way to get them to contribute too? Perhaps ask - 'Can you remember your first or most favourite teacher or lesson?'

I would certainly encourage you to practice your ideas prior to your interview. This will allow you to embed what you want to say, to prevent you from forgetting it when you get interview nerves!

As a matter of urgency, I would also suggest you ask for interview support from a teacher training adviser. Register for one here. We're fully qualified teachers and expert in supporting people like yourself through this application. It's a free service and so you have nothing to lose!

Wishing you the very best of luck with your interview, and an exciting teaching career to come!

Kind regards,

Sue
rhiifuu
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
What university is this interview for?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tiredlol33)
I have a uni interview and i asked to bring in an Item/artefact to illustrate why I wish to be a primary school teacher.
i know how to answer the question but not sure what item can illustrate this.
What object can explain my interests in becoming a teacher and the qualities and skills you think you possess that would help me to become a great teacher
Hello tiredlol33

This could be something ever so basic! As long as you can use your imagination and creativity to explain how this can foster a meaningful and engaging learning environment for children, then you will do great. For example, can you recall any tools/activities/objects used by educators throughout your education that stimulated your attention and made you excited to attend a lesson? So much so that you can still remember it to this day? The interviewee will want to see that you can think ahead, plan creatively and speak confidently. Let your personality shine through too! Make sure you justify your stance and object/artefact as you see fit.

For example - You could connect the artefact/lesson to a component of the curriculum that is echoed within Primary Education, e.g. phonics/literacy? How will the artefact help enhance a child's linguistic development?

I hope this, to some extent, helps.
Good luck for your interview!

Dylan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads