The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Summer School

Does anyone know if the Nottingham Summer School provides accommodation or if I'll have to make my own way to and from it every day? I live almost a 2 hour journey a way, which is at least £10 each way, so definitely couldn't afford the £100+ in train fares. Thank you in advance!
Original post by amber_louise1012
Does anyone know if the Nottingham Summer School provides accommodation or if I'll have to make my own way to and from it every day? I live almost a 2 hour journey a way, which is at least £10 each way, so definitely couldn't afford the £100+ in train fares. Thank you in advance!

Pre-covid I believe they put everyone up in halls, as it happens out of semester they are all vacant, not sure what they do nowadays. Best to check online or email and ask.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
My knowledge is severely out of date... but when I went in 2011 we all stayed in Derby Halls
Reply 3
Original post by amber_louise1012

According to the website: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/schoolsliaison/services/sutton-trust-and-nottingham-potential-summer-school-faqs.aspx it seems that they did the summer school online in 2020 due to COVID. I'm not sure if they actually did it in person in 2021, but it appears that they are prepared for the eventuality of more restrictions. As another poster said, it is probably best to email someone so you know what the plans are, specifically for this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending