The Student Room Group

Comparative text coursework english lit a level

I chose english lit because i enjoy writing, not so much reading!! So, I am struggling to find two texts that i can compare well. I'm interested in feminist literature, gothic, thriller/ dark novels. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know !!!!!!!!
Original post by fuc_academia
I chose english lit because i enjoy writing, not so much reading!! So, I am struggling to find two texts that i can compare well. I'm interested in feminist literature, gothic, thriller/ dark novels. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know !!!!!!!!

For gothic, I recommend Frankenstein, the Picture of Dorian Gray, Dr Faustus and the Handmaid's Tale! I hope that helps. I am actually comparing Frankenstein and the Picture of Dorian Gray.
Thank you! I think im actually going for The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and Feminine Gospels poetry by Carol Anne Duffy - may change my mind though! What question did you choose for yours?
Original post by fatimasyedakazmi
For gothic, I recommend Frankenstein, the Picture of Dorian Gray, Dr Faustus and the Handmaid's Tale! I hope that helps. I am actually comparing Frankenstein and the Picture of Dorian Gray.

Quick Reply

Latest