The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU Brackenhurst accommodation

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out. The brackenhurst campus has 3 different accommodation choices, standard ensuite, then standard ensuite block A-G and large ensuite block H-P. Does anyone know which accommodation is the more modern version? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Hi - I got an offer from NTU and am planning on accepting it - I’ll be living at Brackenhurst for vet nursing. I emailed them a while ago and the standard en-suite old buildings are A-G which costs £130.06 and the newer building was called standard new build en-suite which was £133.28. What I would do is when you’re booking the accommodation make sure you’re selecting the £133 one which is the newer build. Xx
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by laura.__x
Hi - I got an offer from NTU and am planning on accepting it - I’ll be living at Brackenhurst for vet nursing. I emailed them a while ago and the standard en-suite old buildings are A-G which costs £130.06 and the newer building was called standard new build en-suite which was £133.28. What I would do is when you’re booking the accommodation make sure you’re selecting the £133 one which is the newer build. Xx

Hi, Thanks! I'm assuming the £138 one is also new build as well? 😂 it is a little confusing on the website, I've also emailed them but they didn't clarify much for me. Thanks again xx
Original post by Kaitlyn9870
Hi, Thanks! I'm assuming the £138 one is also new build as well? 😂 it is a little confusing on the website, I've also emailed them but they didn't clarify much for me. Thanks again xx

Ohhh yeah I’d think so - I think when u apply for the room it will tell you what sort it is and if it’s new or old build (hopefully)🤣 what are u wanting to study xx
Reply 4
Ohhh yeah I’d think so - I think when u apply for the room it will tell you what sort it is and if it’s new or old build (hopefully)🤣 what are u wanting to study xx

Yeah hopefully, I really don't want the older build! 😂 I've accepted an offer for zoo biology xx
Yeah hopefully, I really don't want the older build! 😂 I've accepted an offer for zoo biology xx

Sameee I want the new one looks so nice! I’m in a Snapchat group chat for NTU and theres few people on Brackenhurst. Let me know if you want me to add u x
Reply 6
Sameee I want the new one looks so nice! I’m in a Snapchat group chat for NTU and theres few people on Brackenhurst. Let me know if you want me to add u x

Sure, that'd be great. I'll send you a private message with my username! Thanks xx

Hi, I’m a first year animal science student on brack currently living in I block in the new accommodation. The £138 rooms are actually old block, but they have a double bed just because they have a larger size than the normal en-suites in the old block. The new blocks have a 3/4 bed! Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions or would like to see any pictures of the rooms!
Original post by Lenny0802
Hi, I’m a first year animal science student on brack currently living in I block in the new accommodation. The £138 rooms are actually old block, but they have a double bed just because they have a larger size than the normal en-suites in the old block. The new blocks have a 3/4 bed! Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions or would like to see any pictures of the rooms!

I should have mentioned actually, the new blocks are H-P, however first years typically only live in I & J.

Hi I saw that you messaged me but I can’t actually respond to you so I’ll just answer on here if that’s okay. The new accommodation blocks are H-P, but first years only live in blocks I (Ivy) and J (juniper). Campus life is pretty quiet compared to the city as you might have guessed, but we have a campus bar which is open every day from mid day till late except from Saturdays and they do a sort of “club night” on a Friday called fluid which is a bit like a drunk year 6 disco if they’ve got a good DJ on haha. They do specific events for Halloween and Christmas which are always good too. The busses are pretty reliable when I’ve used them and they come every half an hour. The journey into the city can take 40 mins to an hour depending on time of day and traffic. There is a night bus which runs till about 3am so if you’re on a night out in the city it’s not too bad! If you have anymore questions I’m open to chatting on other forms of social media if you feel comfortable as I’m not really a user of student room
Hi I saw that you messaged me but I can’t actually respond to you so I’ll just answer on here if that’s okay. The new accommodation blocks are H-P, but first years only live in blocks I (Ivy) and J (juniper). Campus life is pretty quiet compared to the city as you might have guessed, but we have a campus bar which is open every day from mid day till late except from Saturdays and they do a sort of “club night” on a Friday called fluid which is a bit like a drunk year 6 disco if they’ve got a good DJ on haha. They do specific events for Halloween and Christmas which are always good too. The busses are pretty reliable when I’ve used them and they come every half an hour. The journey into the city can take 40 mins to an hour depending on time of day and traffic. There is a night bus which runs till about 3am so if you’re on a night out in the city it’s not too bad! If you have anymore questions I’m open to chatting on other forms of social media if you feel comfortable as I’m not really a user of student room

Ahh brilliant thank you for your reply! I don’t think I have any questions at the min but I’m sure I will think of some closer to joining in September- my Instagram is the same as my username on here - laura.__x

Hi Lenny,
Just a quick question, you said first years typically live in the older block so was it just by chance that you got to live in the newer block? I was kinda hoping to get into the newer accommodation but noticed when I go on to the booking page, you don't get a choice. thanks.
Original post by Kaitlyn9870x
Hi Lenny,
Just a quick question, you said first years typically live in the older block so was it just by chance that you got to live in the newer block? I was kinda hoping to get into the newer accommodation but noticed when I go on to the booking page, you don't get a choice. thanks.

Yeah first years live in new blocks as well, I live in the new blocks at the minute in Ivy. You can choose to live in either Ivy or Juniper which are the new blocks first years have access to. There aren’t as many new block rooms for first years though. When the accommodation system opens it doesn’t actually state which blocks are new and old though, so you just have to make sure you’ve selected the right one i.e. I or J block. The people who usually aim for for new accommodation as soon as the booking system opens are likely to get it, so I would recommend getting on the system asap when it opens.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13

I’ve just got my unconditional offer to do vet nursing at NTU and I’ll be staying on campus and I think I read your doing vet nursing there too?
Would be amazing if you could possibly add me to the Snapchat group chat as I’m nervous about meeting new people and would be great to find people potentially doing same course too!
Thanks
Hannah x

Hi sorry to jump on your message but I don’t suppose you’d mind sending me those photos of the rooms at Brack? …It’s about time I make a decision before tomorrow
Reply 15
On the booking system does it give you a birds eye view of the blocks?
Hi, ive got an offer an offer for vet nursing as well and i will be living in the brackenhurst accommodation i was wondering if i could be added into the group chat as well as im coming from northern ireland and i will not know anyone:smile:))) xx my snap is axmee.dxnn
Original post by Lunobl156
Hi sorry to jump on your message but I don’t suppose you’d mind sending me those photos of the rooms at Brack? …It’s about time I make a decision before tomorrow

Hi I’ve only just seen this. If you’ve booked the new accommodation which will be either Ivy or Juniper just let me know and I can send you any pictures or give you any info you might need!
Hi I’ve only just seen this. If you’ve booked the new accommodation which will be either Ivy or Juniper just let me know and I can send you any pictures or give you any info you might need!

I've only been able to book now and only old accommodation was available are many first years in them I've booked C but not sure if it's good
Original post by Chloec003
I've only been able to book now and only old accommodation was available are many first years in them I've booked C but not sure if it's good

The majority of first years are in old blocks, and honestly they look like they have loads of fun and are always really social!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending