The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't you say you're staying with a female friend? Parents will be less likely to ask a million questions about female friends.
Original post by asif007
Can't you say you're staying with a female friend? Parents will be less likely to ask a million questions about female friends.

yeah, maybe just say you're having a sleepover and helping eachother study or something like that!
Girls night out or sleepover?
If you have any friends, family who have moved out, ask if they'll cover for you?
astaghfirullah
Reply 6
Original post by rose.clm
yeah, maybe just say you're having a sleepover and helping eachother study or something like that!

Yeah if it was me I would do this. Obviously OP should tell the female friend first and get her to cover for her in case any questions are asked.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Girls night out or sleepover?

Ive never been allowed to go on sleepover too.. thats the thing :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by umarakmal
astaghfirullah

im not muslim. im hindu
Maybe say you're working a night shift and then spending the rest of the day studying and preparing for a group project or something
astaghfirullah

There's always one person who responds with this. :tongue:
astaghfirullah

Oh no dawah man is here 🙄
im not muslim. im hindu

lol i'm a hindu guy but i've never heard of someone going to their bf's uni to stay the night, but that's probs cos i go to a boy's sixth form. do whatever you want, i'm not in a position to judge someone i don't know
Say your covering at work for someone sick so you need to do a nightshift.
im a south asian female. and i wanna go to see my bf at uni for like 1 night 2 days but idk what excuse to give my parents. ive never gone on a overnight trip unless it was a school trip. I live with my parents and commute to uni. im 20 years old.

You are 20 years old, it is none of their business what you do
Original post by mnot
You are 20 years old, it is none of their business what you do

As her parents don’t you think they’ll be concerned of their daughters welfare though and whereabouts? God forbid nothing unthinkable happens however you know who will be held responsible then buddy?
Say you have a group project, and its super important and count towards your final grade, all your female friends are gonna have a sleep over because have to record an important video for it. and its a long planning process. Your female friends has a camera for it
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by burberry_butter
Say you have a group project, and its super important and count towards your final grade, all your female friends are gonna have a sleep over because have to record an important video for it. and its a long planning process.

They may want to know who the female friends are, take contact methods or anything don’t you think?
As her parents don’t you think they’ll be concerned of their daughters welfare though and whereabouts? God forbid nothing unthinkable happens however you know who will be held responsible then buddy?

She can say im here if she wants or tells a friend. But shes 20 not 16. It’s not unusual for people to have moved out from their parents.

If my parents would pester me about just the normal parts of living and were unreasonable I just wouldn’t bother to tell them...
They may want to know who the female friends are, take contact methods or anything don’t you think?

Well, obvs they can cover for her, but she should also reiterate that it's very important and that she cannot be disturbed.