Covid - when can I stop isolating?

Watch
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Can someone please help me out here. I would use the NHS app but I don’t have the required iOS system so I can’t and there are so many policies that are just confusing.
Here are the facts:
- Cough and cold symptoms started on 31/12
-tested positive (lft) on Tuesday 04/01
-took a PCR test on Wednesday 05/01, have just received my result as positive today.
If the self-isolation period is 10 days, then I can return on 15/12. Or if I have negative lft tests on the 6th and 7th days then can I stop isolating?

Thank you!
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
https://www.nhs.uk › conditions › w..
When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS

Yes so many confused rules but you should be able to stop isolation around 12th/13th but below says from day of your test it's ten day's which would be after the 15th . information from NHS website updated 6th January after new announcements.

When you can leave your home while self-isolating
You can temporarily leave self-isolation to:

post a PCR test or antibody test at a Royal Mail priority postbox
get food or medicine if you cannot order it online or by phone, or you cannot ask someone to bring it to your home
get urgent health services for you, your family and pets
avoid harm, for example, if there is a fire or you are at risk of domestic abuse
access services as a victim of crime, for example, if there has been a burglary
help someone who is pregnant to go to a medical appointment, or to give birth
go to the funeral of a close family member or friend
meet legal duties such as going to court, taking part in court proceedings, or following bail conditions
take part in NHS COVID-19 research, but only if you're asked to leave self-isolation
You should take extra care to follow advice on how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19 while you have temporarily left self-isolation.

How long to self-isolate
If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you did not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

You may need to self-isolate for longer if you get symptoms while self-isolating or your symptoms do not go away.

You may also be able to leave self-isolation after 7 days if certain conditions are met. Read more about how long to self-isolate - information on rest of UK.

NHS registered nurse ( midwife ) .
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
https://www.nhs.uk › conditions › w..
When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS

Yes so many confused rules but you should be able to stop isolation around 12th/13th but below says from day of your test it's ten day's which would be after the 15th . information from NHS website updated 6th January after new announcements.

When you can leave your home while self-isolating
You can temporarily leave self-isolation to:

post a PCR test or antibody test at a Royal Mail priority postbox
get food or medicine if you cannot order it online or by phone, or you cannot ask someone to bring it to your home
get urgent health services for you, your family and pets
avoid harm, for example, if there is a fire or you are at risk of domestic abuse
access services as a victim of crime, for example, if there has been a burglary
help someone who is pregnant to go to a medical appointment, or to give birth
go to the funeral of a close family member or friend
meet legal duties such as going to court, taking part in court proceedings, or following bail conditions
take part in NHS COVID-19 research, but only if you're asked to leave self-isolation
You should take extra care to follow advice on how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19 while you have temporarily left self-isolation.

How long to self-isolate
If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you did not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

You may need to self-isolate for longer if you get symptoms while self-isolating or your symptoms do not go away.

You may also be able to leave self-isolation after 7 days if certain conditions are met. Read more about how long to self-isolate - information on rest of UK.

NHS registered nurse ( midwife ) .
Okay, thank you 😃
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sciencegcsesss)
Okay, thank you 😃
You welcome. 😃
Follow the guidelines both on NHS website or government website as probably similar information.
ellenyoung123
Badges: 1
Report 2 weeks ago
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...nd-what-to-do/

This advice changes all the time - so check the above website every time.
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by ellenyoung123)
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...nd-what-to-do/

This advice changes all the time - so check the above website every time.
IKR. Will do and thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%