The Student Room Group

Program about catfishing on MTV

What do you all think of the program Catfish which is broadcast on MTV?

The setting is America but I feel they need to address it in the UK too as its too much of a problem with online romance.
Been watching Catfish for ages but it addresses a massive problem with social media and the whole stranger danger thing. Some episodes are just messed up when you see people waste years of their life giving money to someone that wasn't who they said it was.

They address it in the UK too with Catfish UK which is a lot more recent compared to the original Catfish.
Reply 2
Original post by _Scrooge_
Been watching Catfish for ages but it addresses a massive problem with social media and the whole stranger danger thing. Some episodes are just messed up when you see people waste years of their life giving money to someone that wasn't who they said it was.

They address it in the UK too with Catfish UK which is a lot more recent compared to the original Catfish.

Thanks for mentioning Catfish UK. I will look for it and watch.
Reply 3
I watched it during its peaks about 5 - 10 years ago, lots of shocks and it was a good laugh. Catfish has always been scripted but nowadays with Facetime etc it just feels too "fake".
Original post by kwame88
I watched it during its peaks about 5 - 10 years ago, lots of shocks and it was a good laugh. Catfish has always been scripted but nowadays with Facetime etc it just feels too "fake".

This is true, feels like the same thing every episode now
Reply 5
Original post by _Scrooge_
This is true, feels like the same thing every episode now

Yeah true, it had a good run though.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I didn't know it was scripted. I have just started watching this program.

Quick Reply

Latest