The Student Room Group

Oxford Student here! Studying Hours and NOT getting burnt out

Hello! Just curious about how many hours yall study per day?

Personally:
School day: 1 hour for homework
Saturday/Sunday: 2 hours each
Holidays (with exams coming up): 2-3 hours
Summer holidays: no revision

Grades:
10A*s in GCSE
3A* 1A in A-Level

Background:
Westminster (A-Level)
Oxford (Law undergraduate)

remember to take constant breaks so you don’t burn out guys! don’t be pressured to study like 5 hours a day- you’ll get burnt out for sure!
Original post by dandelion77

Personally:

Grades:
10A*s in GCSE
3A* 1A in A-Level

Background:
Westminster (A-Level)

remember to take constant breaks so you don’t burn out guys! don’t be pressured to study like 5 hours a day- you’ll get burnt out for sure!

Do you do your studying in hour blocks or smaller? And do you have any tips for getting A*s at A-Level? thanks :smile:
Reply 2

Personally:

Grades:
10A*s in GCSE
3A* 1A in A-Level

Background:
Westminster (A-Level)

Hey you got awesome GCSEs! (Im doing mine now)
i just want to ask, "when did you start or should you start revising for them?"
(edited 2 years ago)

Personally:

Grades:
10A*s in GCSE
3A* 1A in A-Level

Background:
Westminster (A-Level)

How did you get all A*s at at GCSE? Do you have any revision resources you can recommend?
Reply 4
I use the 25 minute then 10 minute break technique:smile:
Just used my textbook, and write notes on every single paragraph of the note! I started revising during the three week study break right before my GCSEs, they’re honestly very much overestimated- you’ll understand when you get to the real exam! All of the questions are really easy and taken straight out of the textbook.
I got 12A*s at GCSE and predicted 3A*s without ever really revising on Fridays or Saturdays. I always keep these two days to either chill or go out with friends- either way I have a break. Sunday (not every Sunday tbh) - Thursday I do about 1-2 hours, depending on how productive I’m actually being. There’s no point sitting at a desk staring at my work if I’m not actually getting it done. My best advice is if you’re sat thinking about doing your work, get up and do it, if you have a burst of energy, get up and do it! It’s the best way to make the most of your brain actually working, then there’s less left for you to do when it’s not!

Quick Reply

Latest