😭 2 weeks left before 3rd year, first term exams (last minute revision blog) 😭

Watch
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! This is a last-minute revision blog for my upcoming 3rd year, first term law exams starting on the 17th of January (essay submissions) until the 28th of January.

This is primarily used for me to keep a verbal onslaught of and on whatever it is that I am doing (self-roasting at 175°C for 480 hours), to keep track of what I am doing, and to sweat and whine about my progress and slow-moving, irresponsive brain :cry: Please, I am trying to live with this!

No kidding, no flares or frills - chances are that this will most probably become an incoherent thread, and not a blog - because how does one make a blog of this nature pleasant in the slightest? You don’t.

Exam dates and Plan of attack (including essay submissions)

Environmental law
(4,000-word essay)
17th January (Next Monday - Thursday* as personal deadlines)

- Make a suitable essay plan template fit for the nature of this question

- Relate each and every single paragraph to the essay question!

- Have a point of view for the whole essay.

- Have a logical sequence between the points.

Mental health law (Medical/Health law)
(2,500-word essay)
17th January (Next Monday - Thursday* as personal deadlines)

Company law
22nd January (last date to be prepared by)

- List (note down) every single statute, case studies, and cases (This is a compulsory step to do! Must never be missed!)

- Read through the relevant parts of the company law textbooks.

- Go through the Q&A and tutorial works for whatever that is relevant, and note down the tips/what to look for in each topic.

- Watch the lectures in my spare time.

(If no one wants to be tagged, do let me know! )
Last edited by wifd149; 1 week ago
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
GOOD LUCK I'll try my best to not joke around in here, and prod you to work!!
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
GOOD LUCK I'll try my best to not joke around in here, and prod you to work!!
:rofl: :five: Sokay, I think that this will mostly be a ranting blog - which can become negative in some ways, or more stressful. If it affects you/makes you more stressful, feel free to unwatch the thread anytime in all honesty :yep:
wifd149
Rep:
Saturday, 8th January - D-8 (essay submissions)

Starting my day at 10 am! Definitely earlier than yesterday, going to pop in the the shower and get myself ready.

Since most of them friends are online around 8-10 pm, I should probably do my work outside of those times :yes:

Also I figured out what should I do for my first essay (environmental law) so that would be my focus for today :woo:

This is the video that I’m watching to help with the 10-page essay (will watch later, should be helpful):

Spoiler:
Show
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wifd149)
Starting my day at 10 am! Definitely earlier than yesterday, going to pop in the the shower and get myself ready.

Since most of them friends are online around 8-10 pm, I should probably do my work outside of those times :yes:

Also I figured out what should I do for my first essay (environmental law) so that would be my focus for today :woo:

This is the video that I’m watching to help with the 10-page essay (will watch later, should be helpful):

Spoiler:
Show
GOGOGO
wifd149
Rep:
Currently eating so I might watch some old Jacksepticeye VODs of him playing Hitman 3 :eating: Finished categorising the articles that I have compiled earlier into sections and years of publications.

Made a detailed plan for the next 5-6 hours of work, of course I will be popping in to TSR in between work and whenever I need a boost. Also need to consider/take into account eye rests in between, I can't do close-up work straight for a long time period :emo:
sufys12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hello! This is a last-minute revision blog for my upcoming 3rd year, first term law exams starting on the 17th of January (essay submissions) until the 28th of January.

This is primarily used for me to keep a verbal onslaught of and on whatever it is that I am doing (self-roasting at 175°C for 480 hours), to keep track of what I am doing, and to sweat and whine about my progress and slow-moving, irresponsive brain :cry: Please, I am trying to live with this!

No kidding, no flares or frills - chances are that this will most probably become an incoherent thread, and not a blog - because how does one make a blog of this nature pleasant in the slightest? You don’t.

Exam dates and Plan of attack (including essay submissions)

Environmental law
(4,000-word essay)
17th January (Next Monday - Wednesday as personal deadlines)

Mental health law (Medical/Health law)
(2,500-word essay)
17th January (Next Monday - Wednesday as personal deadlines)

Company law
22nd January (last date to be prepared by)

- List (note down) every single statute, case studies, and cases (This is a compulsory step to do! Must never be missed!)

- Read through the relevant parts of the company law textbooks.

- Go through the Q&A and tutorial works for whatever that is relevant, and note down the tips/what to look for in each topic.

- Watch the lectures in my spare time.

(If no one wants to be tagged, do let me know! )
Nice, thanks for the tag.
wifd149
Rep:
Almost done with compiling all my data, issue is that I probably have about 30+ tabs open of journal articles. Considering that before, for a 2,500-essay I had about 38 sources, I am expecting that this 4,000-word one will have to yield about approximately 60 sources. Sounds okay, but then I have so much to read 😥

*deep breaths* 😤
wifd149
Rep:
Done reading one article/chapter, I have listed about 8 more to do by today at least. Luckily for most of them I only want to read and go through the relevant sections, but about 2 - 3 more are lengthy and may be crucial in my readings :call:
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Done reading one article/chapter, I have listed about 8 more to do by today at least. Luckily for most of them I only want to read and go through the relevant sections, but about 2 - 3 more are lengthy and may be crucial in my readings :call:
You're really hard working wow-
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
You're really hard working wow-
No choice, I'm doing this extremely last minute and I am panicking af :burnout::cry2:
wifd149
Rep:
Sometimes I'm slowly understanding why they want 1.5 to 2.0 spacing between lines - it's flipping hard to skim through a material otherwise

My discipline and will are growing weak with how boring the materials that I am currently reading
wifd149
Rep:
Read a total of 3 articles in about 2 hours 😪 Both the first and third article was fruitful (3rd one was a pain in the ass because I need to understand what those economic equations meant :mad: and those 1.0 line spacing! ), second one not really - just gave a general overview of the things that I am supposed to contrast.

I will read another article after my break, then I honestly should summarise the general arguments that we have gone through in lectures for these 2 models that I am comparing :yep:
wifd149
Rep:
So I am done with the 4th article now It summarised the pros and cons of the example that I'm intending to use nicely and succinctly :top:

So after this break I will:

1. make a summary of the general arguments that we had during lectures for these 2 models
  2. make a summary of the pros and cons of my example
  3. I have 2 more articles lined up as the last ones today...
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Good luck! You’ve got this
wifd149
Rep:
**** my laptop glitched on me now idk where'd my highlights go for the 4th article Thank God that I have already processed the info, so now I can passively highlight againnnnn

edit: managed
wifd149
Rep:
So I am done with the 4th article now It summarised the pros and cons of the example that I'm intending to use nicely and succinctly :top:

So after this break I will:

1. make a summary of the general arguments that we had during lectures for these 2 models
  2. make a summary of the pros and cons of my example
  3. I have 2 more articles lined up as the last ones today...
Completed (1) and (2), but I am afraid that I don't have enough time to complete (3) by today - if I want to get ready for bed before 12 am and fall asleep by then...

So for Saturday, 8th January (8 days prior to submission) I:

• read 4 articles
  • did about 7 hours of work — issue is that I spent 3 hours researching & categorising articles - not all are what I may necessarily need to use in the essay
  • managed to get a picture of what pros and cons that I am going to addressissue: I need to find as much examples to demonstrate the pros and cons for the first model which I need to analyse (maybe can use the articles in the reading list?)

For later, I am going to do at least 8 hours of work productively & fruitfully. This means that I need to:
  • narrow down what areas that I need to focus on for today (later)!
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Bruh, why did I not reply to this normally? I actually feel guilty now…

Anyway, good luck with your blog. :woo:
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
Bruh, why did I not reply to this normally? I actually feel guilty now…

Anyway, good luck with your blog. :woo:
Not me being an attention-seeking b**ch 🙃 I don’t mind it though, I get tagged a lot but didn’t check on each of them properly sometimes so I definitely get ya in that regard mate,
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Not me being an attention-seeking b**ch 🙃 I don’t mind it though, I get tagged a lot but didn’t check on each of them properly sometimes so I definitely get ya in that regard mate,
You can’t just say that sarcastically when you know it isn’t true in the slightest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (68)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.65%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
26.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.07%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (264)
48.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.3%

Watched Threads