is this normal?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
is it normal to feel so guilty every time you eat? and like you're telling yourself to eat but your brain is telling you not to?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
No. This sounds like a form of disordered eating. Is there anybody you can talk to about this?
creamcorn
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
is it normal to feel so guilty every time you eat? and like you're telling yourself to eat but your brain is telling you not to?
no, you may have developed an eating disorder, it’s nothing to be ashamed of but you should try to see a doctor or a therapist for this, and try doing things that can help you gain an appetite, is this an ongoing occurrence? maybe you’re sick and feeling guilty because its hard to eat while sick, if its ongoing, maybe you don’t enjoy the same foods and things as you used too, try to change it up with new things that sound appetizing, and treat yourself as much as possible, you are not alone and you should definitely seek professional advice, as people here may not be equipped to fully help you
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
No.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by creamcorn)
no, you may have developed an eating disorder, it’s nothing to be ashamed of but you should try to see a doctor or a therapist for this, and try doing things that can help you gain an appetite, is this an ongoing occurrence? maybe you’re sick and feeling guilty because its hard to eat while sick, if its ongoing, maybe you don’t enjoy the same foods and things as you used too, try to change it up with new things that sound appetizing, and treat yourself as much as possible, you are not alone and you should definitely seek professional advice, as people here may not be equipped to fully help you
I've sort of felt like this before about a year ago but it got to the point I would occasionally throw up and not eat at school but my mum and teachers got suspicious and I was forced to see the school nurse I said I didn't have a problem and my mum got people to watch me and I realised it wasn't healthy and managed to try get healthier on my own around summertime. But something about christmas made me feel guilty I'm eating and not throwing up but I just sort of wondered if everyone feels guilty. Ive been wanting to say something to my teacher however she'd tell my mum who along with my sisters always make comments like for example when they see someone skinny they go eww shes anorexic for sure or say stuff like go change u look fat today or eat stuff you look like a twig in that outfit so if I was to find out i have a problem they wouldn't be supportive. Before when I needed help for something they told me if i didnt stop they'd make my life hell and im 15 so i cant get help if i need without them knowing.
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
definitely not normal, and definitely not healthy. well done for noticing it and questioning it though
see if you can get an appointment with your GP, I'm not sure exactly what the rules are with being under 16, but I should think that if you phone them up yourself and ask if things could be kept private, they should be able to give some advice on how best to go about getting the help and support you need
there are also a few online services you could look into, such as https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
also it is not right for your mum and sisters to be saying things like that, I hope things get sorted out for you xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%