Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well I put 2/3m. I had learned 6m but the slit seperation was much smaller so halved that. Yea amplitude equal to half the total and the individual amplitudes of each wave was half of that
    6m? lol

we did the experiment with a laser in a class. the textbook said around 1.5 - 2m, yet teacher advised close to 1m. but yes, i should have looked at equation and used slits that would allow large enough spaceing to accurately measure and also to take an average of the distances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    6m? lol

we did the experiment with a laser in a class. the textbook said around 1.5 - 2m, yet teacher advised close to 1m. but yes, i should have looked at equation and used slits that would allow large enough spaceing to accurately measure and also to take an average of the distances.
    The textbook I have said 6m

ReputationRep:
    6m sounds way to big. i put 2m

ReputationRep:
    The textbook I have said 6m
    well tbh, i dont know what i am talking about. who knows and frankly i am not very bothered as got some marks for the question so happy enough

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the slit separation, your teacher probably told you ~1m if slit separation was ~1mm like mine. I put 3m in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkling_Jules)
    Who else did this paper today?

I thought that question about the lithium atom was worded really badly, does anyone know what they were actually asking?!

Other than that I think it was OK on the whole.
    The lithium question (it took me about 10 mins to understand it) said that they shot electrons with KE 0.92eV at the atom, how much energy did the electron have after it had been through the atom and hit a electron.

I can't remember my answers any more though.

As for the rest of the paper, thanks god i did M1 in maths, and i got the ratio question back to front.
    Ahh well time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a paper available, or can anyone give some questions they asked?
    reps available need to revise physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    Does anyone have a paper available, or can anyone give some questions they asked?
    well. i thought i did, but didnt, and found the paper easy. you are really good at physics so i dont think you really need to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    a few good ones I posted http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t85219.html

ReputationRep:
    This was quite possibly the worst written paper ive ever done.

I felt like **** after doing that paper. I did the June04 paper the night before and got 96%, and then I went into that exam, and screwed up on the bobsleigh and electron question.
    At least we know that the Jun paper wont be as evil, because they will make an effort to make it straight forward.

By the way, what did you all put for the reason for that logaritm graph?
    We didnt even look at them in class! (it isnt on the syllabus!)

ReputationRep:
    I didnt have a clue either but made a good answer like "as a curve is produced with logarithmic scales, with standard scale, it would be a straight line demonstarting that they are inversely proportional"

I actually thought that it was the most straightforward paper of the lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    I actually thought that it was the most straightforward paper of the lot.
    id have to disagree with you. i really didnt like it. i could do the maths bits (coz i do maths ) but i didnt really get the other bits - ESP THE LITHIUM QU!! im soooo glad they didnt ask anything on the photoelectric effect coz i dont understand that. guess we jus have to wait for results day.....

ReputationRep:
    The rations were 2:3 and 3:2. inverse of each other
    Ooh yay! I put that too. And I got 2m for the slit separation. I agree with the comment about the wording of the paper, it seemed quite confusing and vague in places, particularly the lithium question. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    did any1 get the period to be 5.66*2 and 30 somthin metres for the length of the pendulum in q1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassman)
    did any1 get the period to be 5.66*2 and 30 somthin metres for the length of the pendulum in q1?
    I think I got 11.44 seconds for the period and a length of 30 something metres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    This was quite possibly the worst written paper ive ever done.

I felt like **** after doing that paper. I did the June04 paper the night before and got 96%, and then I went into that exam, and screwed up on the bobsleigh and electron question.
    At least we know that the Jun paper wont be as evil, because they will make an effort to make it straight forward.

By the way, what did you all put for the reason for that logaritm graph?
    We didnt even look at them in class! (it isnt on the syllabus!)
    That is exactly what I felt - very confident before the exam and bad after. I screwed up the bobsleigh and electron question too even though the bobsleigh one was straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    who got 77 degrees for the angle?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone put the paper up please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassman)
    who got 77 degrees for the angle?
    I got 77.7 degrees

ReputationRep:
    werent you supposed to do the angle in radians?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.