The Student Room Group

Are the internships that I am getting useful to get internships in IB or consultancy

Im Aidan and I'm a first year finance and business student at the university of edinburgh with the eventual goal of working in IB or Management Consultancy after university. This summer I have secured internships in wealth management at Charles Stanley and a VC internship at acceleris capital (a Manchester based firm). I know in general work experience is always very helpful and as a first year in a 4 year degree course it can be hard to get spring weeks e.t.c at bulge bracket or big 4 firms so I have decided to go for this route, at least for this year. My question to everyone is are these internships helpful in my end goal and to what extent and will these internships help when I will applying to other internships over the next few years. Any response would be much appreciated
Next year you'll be applying to springs. All that matters rn is that you show an active interest in finance. These internships do that.

Consulting doesn't really have springs or summers but ahead of any recruiting for that, it's ideal if you have the name or names of some big firms on your CV in the context of the most strategic role you can find. Consulting firms like that. At the very least, the big name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending