The Student Room Group

Is an all nighter worth it?

I’ve already had an all nighter 3 days ago, I slept 7 hours yesterday and although I’d prefer to sleep i really have some work to get done. Is it a good idea to just stock up on coffee and go through with it?
Depends on whether your partner is up for it.
Reply 2
I ususally go to sleep and wake up early and by early, I mean like 3-4 a.m. I find I'm usually more productive at that time but idk how you work best. gl :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve already had an all nighter 3 days ago, I slept 7 hours yesterday and although I’d prefer to sleep i really have some work to get done. Is it a good idea to just stock up on coffee and go through with it?

every once in a while its okay, just make sure you catch up on sleep afterwards. I pulled quite a lot of all nighters during GCSE's and was fine the next morning for the exams but crashed in the evenings which WASNT great if I had an exam the next day.

so every once in a while sure its okay if you have some stuff to catch up on, but I would strongly advice against it during exams unless you're desperate.
go to bed a 4am and start up at 7am worked well for me
all nighters basically mean your time management is off. no uni course requires you to work all hours
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd just sleep and then wake up an hour early or however long you need
Reply 6
Original post by yeet_21
go to bed a 4am and start up at 7am worked well for me
all nighters basically mean your time management is off. no uni course requires you to work all hours

I never claimed I have good management. I’m aware and am trying to work at it but I’m continually playing catch up

Quick Reply