A Level Computer Science OCR A*

Watch
proudk
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, I am currently in Year 12 and having done my first term of computer science I am finding it fine so far but I haven’t started the coursework yet which is in March.

However, I am struggling to find other people who take the subject online and don’t really have people to ask for A* advice as I want this grade.

What advice have you got for getting an A*, I noticed the high grade boundaries and also that my school has 33.3% A*-B previously in smaller classes despite being a very very good school for other subjects so I am really stumped because this seems like it is going to be in achievable.

Please could I have some advice on how to achieve this grade as I want to study computer science at top unis I appreciate it guys
VeryAverage
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
It's just lots of rote learning and memorising for the theory - nothing special there, practically the same as GCSE Sciences.

For the practical/programming parts of the course, I've found it useful to just become as fluent as possible with programming stuff. So just do that in your spare time (try Hackerrank, Project Euler, Leetcode etc.), and that'll automatically improve.
proudk
Rep:
(Original post by VeryAverage)
It's just lots of rote learning and memorising for the theory - nothing special there, practically the same as GCSE Sciences.

For the practical/programming parts of the course, I've found it useful to just become as fluent as possible with programming stuff. So just do that in your spare time (try Hackerrank, Project Euler, Leetcode etc.), and that'll automatically improve.
Thank you for replying if you wouldn’t mind me asking what grade are you on track to get?
VeryAverage
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by proudk)
Thank you for replying if you wouldn’t mind me asking what grade are you on track to get?
A* in CS (also in maths, further maths and physics if you had any questions about CS applications)
Last edited by VeryAverage; 2 weeks ago
proudk
Rep:
A* in CS (also in maths, further maths and physics if you had any questions about CS applications)
Well done for those grades

I do Further Maths Maths and Business which I’m finding fine at the moment

I just want to know how to secure an A* in computer science as this is the one I’ve found the hardest so far
VeryAverage
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by proudk)
Well done for those grades

I do Further Maths Maths and Business which I’m finding fine at the moment

I just want to know how to secure an A* in computer science as this is the one I’ve found the hardest so far
Seriously? i guess further maths starts out quite easy, but i thought CS was definitely the easiest out of my choices

anyways yeah, main thing is just programming as much as you can (w/o harming your other grades). good luck!
proudk
Rep:
Seriously? i guess further maths starts out quite easy, but i thought CS was definitely the easiest out of my choices

anyways yeah, main thing is just programming as much as you can (w/o harming your other grades). good luck!
It’s mainly because we’re going through everything so fast that Year 13 is mainly revision, don’t really find the content hard just very fast paced that’s all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7%
October 2021 (116)
47.74%
November 2021 (24)
9.88%
December 2021 (32)
13.17%
January 2021 (21)
8.64%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.7%