Entry Requirements for top Universities (Criminology)

Watch this thread
dang_4
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What top universities for law will accept Criminology as a Level 3 Applied Diploma? I am taking law and business as normal levels, and including criminology I think I can get AAA/AAB/ABB as my grades. What unis will accept criminology? Do Edinburgh? I'm not sure and my college didn't tell me that most good universities don't like it. I want to go to a top university, to become a very successful lawyer, which is I want to go to a top 10 university for law / a Russel Group university.Thanks
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
You could look at those unis and see what their entry requirements are
dang_4
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
You could look at those unis and see what their entry requirements are
I have, and its confusing or they don't so wondered if anyone has gone to good law uni and studied criminology beforehand.
username5832083
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dang_4)
What top universities for law will accept Criminology as a Level 3 Applied Diploma? I am taking law and business as normal levels, and including criminology I think I can get AAA/AAB/ABB as my grades. What unis will accept criminology? Do Edinburgh? I'm not sure and my college didn't tell me that most good universities don't like it. I want to go to a top university, to become a very successful lawyer, which is I want to go to a top 10 university for law / a Russel Group university.Thanks
Durham.
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Have you sat the LNAT?What are your predicted grades?
dang_4
Rep:
(Original post by Aspstudent)
Have you sat the LNAT?What are your predicted grades?
I haven't sat the LNAT, my predicted grades are something like AAB/AAA
coco:)
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
you could always ask admissions if you're confused
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I haven't sat the LNAT, my predicted grades are something like AAB/AAA
Honestly, I would email the Universities you want to apply to about your qualification. If you have very high GCSE grades, you have a very good academic personal statement and you think you did well on the LNAT, maybe check if you're eligible for contextual offers at these top universities.
Last edited by username5832083; 4 months ago
dang_4
Rep:
Durham.
I looked and couldn’t find where it said that, would you be able to send a link please?
dang_4
Rep:
Honestly, I would email the Universities you want to apply to about your qualification. If you have very high GCSE grades, you have a very good academic personal statement and you think you did well on the LNAT, maybe check if you're eligible for contextual offers at these top universities.
Okay thankyou I will in the coming days, my GCSEs i didn’t revise for so I got average results (1A, 7B, 4C) and I haven’t sat the LNAT. Should I also do that in the coming days?
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I looked and couldn’t find where it said that, would you be able to send a link please?
Lol, nevermind that was for Criminology.

Okay thankyou I will in the coming days, my GCSEs i didn’t revise for so I got average results (1A, 7B, 4C) and I haven’t sat the LNAT. Should I also do that in the coming days?
Why are you sitting the LNAT so late?
"15 January 2022: Register and book your LNAT test slot before this date"
"20 January 2022: Sit the LNAT before or on 20 January 2022."

Either way, you NEED to email these universities, do you even know where you're applying to?
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Edinburgh states on their website that if you aren't studying A-level English Literature and/or English Language, you will need 7s in both of those subjects at GCSE level - since you only got one 7, you aren't eligible to apply.
dang_4
Rep:
Lol, nevermind that was for Criminology.

Why are you sitting the LNAT so late?
"15 January 2022: Register and book your LNAT test slot before this date"
"20 January 2022: Sit the LNAT before or on 20 January 2022."

Either way, you NEED to email these universities, do you even know where you're applying to?
I'm only in year 12 and have been in college only 4 months so I assume I sit the LNATs next year? I don't know what unis exactly, just a Russel Group one and preferably a top 10-15 in the UK for law. I'm looking early so maybe I should've said I'm still in year 12, I just like to be organised.
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I'm only in year 12 and have been in college only 4 months so I assume I sit the LNATs next year? I don't know what unis exactly, just a Russel Group one and preferably a top 10-15 in the UK for law. I'm looking early so maybe I should've said I'm still in year 12, I just like to be organised.
You'd be applying to University this September - January 2023 before the deadline so you'd sit the LNAT this year (It's better to sit it early).

You'll need to email all the Russell Group Universities then if you want to be organised. Have you done that yet??

Either way, you'd better start revising for the LNAT to make up for the GCSE grades and hopefully, you're working on your personal statement.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
You'd be applying to University this September - January 2023 before the deadline so you'd sit the LNAT this year (It's better to sit it early).
Not this early
Anyone who is applying for Law in the 2022/3 admissions year needs to wait until Sept 2022 to take LNAT.
username5832083
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Not this early
Anyone who is applying for Law in the 2022/3 admissions year needs to wait until Sept 2022 to take LNAT.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I meant that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (48)
48.48%
The paper was reasonable (38)
38.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (8)
8.08%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
5.05%

Watched Threads