What’s the highest grade you can get using just a revision guide (A level)?

Watch
Katiefitzger
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have access to the revision guide and the textbook for most of my subjects. But the revision guide is like a quarter of the size of a textbook. Obviously it would save a lot of time and energy to use just the revision guide. So I was wondering, what’s the highest grade you can get using them and nothing else?

Hotheaded
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
It wasn’t the revision guide but the coursebook for CGP got me straight As (would’ve been A*’s if there weren’t other things going on in my life)
FuturePilot05
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 hours ago
(Original post by Hotheaded)
It wasn’t the revision guide but the coursebook for CGP got me straight As (would’ve been A*’s if there weren’t other things going on in my life)
Whats the course book. Can you send a link pls
Hotheaded
Rep:
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by FuturePilot05)
Whats the course book. Can you send a link pls
I’ll send you an example of one for gcse biology (it was the first one I found when googling- so you know what they look like) they are the size of a normal textbook the cover your specification too the T and don’t give you any useless info

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Grade-9...c=1&th=1&psc=1
FuturePilot05
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 hours ago
(Original post by Hotheaded)
I’ll send you an example of one for gcse biology (it was the first one I found when googling- so you know what they look like) they are the size of a normal textbook the cover your specification too the T and don’t give you any useless info

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Grade-9...c=1&th=1&psc=1
Oh I thought it was A level
Hotheaded
Rep:
Report 6 minutes ago
(Original post by FuturePilot05)
Oh I thought it was A level
It is for alevel and gcse, there are different versions
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 minutes ago
If your just using the revision guide then not very well but if your using it for content and then doing exam questions aswell then you could get an A* but the past exam questions are the most important part
parthenocarpy
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
From my experience with STEM subjects, revision guides are excellent for gcses, not so much for A-levels with higher levels of critical thinking involved. Past questions and a lot of practice is what you'd want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (8)
17.02%
Note taking apps (1)
2.13%
Flashcards (9)
19.15%
Revision guides (2)
4.26%
Past papers (23)
48.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
8.51%

Watched Threads