The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Msc Strategic Marketing- Imperial College 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys, just completed my interview today. I think I did really well but i had a spelling mistake in the written part because I ran out of time. Did this happen for any of you? Do you think It can affect the outcome?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by ssm1309
Hey guys! I just got an email saying that my 'application has been completed and is now being considered by the College'. However, my references still haven't been completed. Silly question but will my references need to be submitted before they further assess my application/ invite me to interview? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Yes, they don't revise it until everything is submitted.
Original post by ssm1309
Hey guys! I just got an email saying that my 'application has been completed and is now being considered by the College'. However, my references still haven't been completed. Silly question but will my references need to be submitted before they further assess my application/ invite me to interview? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Yes, they would need your college references to actually asses your application
Original post by rapc12
Hey guys, just completed my interview today. I think I did really well but i had a spelling mistake in the written part because I ran out of time. Did this happen for any of you? Do you think It can affect the outcome?

I had a similar prblm, i wrote less than 250 and couldnt finish everything, from what I know by asking others and looking up online, you still have a chance because they look at the whole interview, and they consider ur application as a whole, so you can mess up one section and still be fine. I know what ur feeling cause im nervous too and worried about my outcome. But i am sure u will be ok!! Good luck, let us know what happens!!!
Reply 44
Original post by rapc12
Yes, they don't revise it until everything is submitted.

Got it, thank you!
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, they would need your college references to actually asses your application

Makes sense, thank you!
Reply 46
I had a similar prblm, i wrote less than 250 and couldnt finish everything, from what I know by asking others and looking up online, you still have a chance because they look at the whole interview, and they consider ur application as a whole, so you can mess up one section and still be fine. I know what ur feeling cause im nervous too and worried about my outcome. But i am sure u will be ok!! Good luck, let us know what happens!!!

Yeah, let's hope the best. I would think that they just want to see your best outcome in that short time, pressure situation. Thanks!, good luck also to you, hope you get a fast response.
Original post by rapc12
Yeah, let's hope the best. I would think that they just want to see your best outcome in that short time, pressure situation. Thanks!, good luck also to you, hope you get a fast response.

it was def a lot of pressure lmao, but hopefully all goes well, they take a month usually after the interview, praying for positive response for us both!!
Reply 48
Anyone who applied in Jan and heard back?
Reply 49
Hello, My application has been marked as completed and I even got an email about it being approved my the admission and being sent to the department. But I have not been asked to appear for any interview yet. Should I be worried ?
Original post by Sanarah
Hello, My application has been marked as completed and I even got an email about it being approved my the admission and being sent to the department. But I have not been asked to appear for any interview yet. Should I be worried ?

Hey, i dont think u should be worried, usually people get invited for the interview around 2 weeks from when you're application was completed. So no worries, it's just a matter of waiting!! Best of luck!!
Been stalking this forum for a while now and just wanted to drop a message to say that I was given a conditional offer today for the part-time programme (which I applied for!) and I submitted my application on the 31st of January and had my final reference sent in on 24th of February. I am definitely happy I managed to hear back from the department so soon, but now I'm also in the dilemma of confirming my offer and paying my fee this early ahead of time, but I'm sure it'll work itself out, so I just wanted to reassure any other late applicants that they are definitely checking your applications, and you still stand a chance at securing a place for this course and I know its cringe to say, but patience is definitely meant to be key here! (even though I was excessively checking my emails' daily, 'don't forget your spam too!')

Also, I'm not coming from a Russel group uni or anything fancy like that. I am studying a decent degree, and I am meeting the requirements, so I feel like if you know you have an overall decent application in the first place, (and strong references) then you should be okay! (I also rushed on the writing portion of the interview also, so I was really stressed about it afterwards, and I guess it worked out).

Good luck to those still waiting!
Been stalking this forum for a while now and just wanted to drop a message to say that I was given a conditional offer today for the part-time programme (which I applied for!) and I submitted my application on the 31st of January and had my final reference sent in on 24th of February. I am definitely happy I managed to hear back from the department so soon, but now I'm also in the dilemma of confirming my offer and paying my fee this early ahead of time, but I'm sure it'll work itself out, so I just wanted to reassure any other late applicants that they are definitely checking your applications, and you still stand a chance at securing a place for this course and I know its cringe to say, but patience is definitely meant to be key here! (even though I was excessively checking my emails' daily, 'don't forget your spam too!')

Also, I'm not coming from a Russel group uni or anything fancy like that. I am studying a decent degree, and I am meeting the requirements, so I feel like if you know you have an overall decent application in the first place, (and strong references) then you should be okay! (I also rushed on the writing portion of the interview also, so I was really stressed about it afterwards, and I guess it worked out).

Congrats on your offer that is amazing!!! this is so refreshing to hear omg!! Thank you for this! I was very worried for my interview because i messed up the writing, i rushed it and didn't write as much as they wanted, and i was nervous i might have lost my chance. I applied for full time strategic marketing on jan 25th, had my references filled in by Feb 1st and finished my interview on the 18th of feb and ive been waiting ever since. Imperial is my top school and im just praying and hoping!! but reading your post was so calming lmao i was freaking out and still am! but thank you so much and congratulations once again!
Anyone got off the waitlist?
Original post by mdk_28
Anyone who applied in Jan and heard back?

Me, got waitlisted

Congrats! Awesome news!
Hi everyone,

I received my offer for the full time program a few weeks ago! Is there a WhatsApp group for admitted students?

Thank you!
Hello everyone,

I received my conditional offer today for the full time program! Good luck to everyone! the whole process for me including interview took 5 weeks
Hi everyone,

I received my offer for the full time program a few weeks ago! Is there a WhatsApp group for admitted students?

Thank you!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing a big about your background?
Hello everyone,

I received my conditional offer today for the full time program! Good luck to everyone! the whole process for me including interview took 5 weeks

Congrats! Do you mind sharing a big about your background?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending