Dishac_
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For anyone who did further maths as a 4th a-level, how much of a workload was it?

For context I'm planning on doing maths, physics and art, but thinking about further maths too.
juicygcse
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dishac_)
For anyone who did further maths as a 4th a-level, how much of a workload was it?

For context I'm planning on doing maths, physics and art, but thinking about further maths too.
I would say it depends on your other subjects + how good you are already at maths. For context, I'm in year 12 taking maths, further maths, history and econ + an EPQ. For me personally, I don't find it an unbearable workload. However, because we are doing maths in one year then FM the next, we haven't touched any of the FM content yet, and for the most part (especially in pure maths), I am not finding the content too difficult - but it could very well be different for you. Art I know is a very time consuming subject, so that could very well mean you have less time to focus on maths. I would recommend starting with further maths then dropping it if you feel it's too much - it's much easier to start with and drop it than to not start it at all and possibly regret your decision
snow.fall15
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If your college allows, I would definitely take FM and drop it if it comes to that. But I think FM is such a valuable course that it's worth the workload for me now anyways.
ajay06
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dishac_)

Did maths, fm, econ and physics.
First year was a little hard doing all of A level maths, but it very manageable if you revise every day
Parinoor
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 hours ago
further maths is honestly ok especially in yr12 as some content u would recognise .... but u have to love it as it is challenging , it would also depend on if u take for 2nd year, i did further maths and it was manageable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads