Anay Jain
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've got one choice remaining on my UCAS application I was wondering if anyone knows much about chemical engineering at UCL and Nottingham and which university is better for that course?
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anay Jain)
I've got one choice remaining on my UCAS application I was wondering if anyone knows much about chemical engineering at UCL and Nottingham and which university is better for that course?
If you have the grades then apply to UCL because it has a better overall reputation. If not, go for Notts.
Anay Jain
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
If you have the grades then apply to UCL because it has a better overall reputation. If not, go for Notts.
I've heard that student satisfaction is worse at UCL do you know if that makes a difference?
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I've heard that student satisfaction is worse at UCL do you know if that makes a difference?
Student satisfaction is also low at Imperial. Would you refuse attending Imperial? Of course not.
heccyeah
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
you might also want to think about whether you want to live in london or not, and also compare them in terms of modules. i think most london unis tend to have lower student satisfaction than others though - don’t necessarily think it’s unique to ucl.
Anay Jain
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Student satisfaction is also low at Imperial. Would you refuse attending Imperial? Of course not.
Yeah you're right but I've had some reviews from students part of the chemical engineering department at UCL and they have been quite adamant on the fact that it's not a good place to go for chemical engineering as the teachers don't care and the quality of teaching is quite poor.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yeah you're right but I've had some reviews from students part of the chemical engineering department at UCL and they have been quite adamant on the fact that it's not a good place to go for chemical engineering as the teachers don't care and the quality of teaching is quite poor.
It is up to you, if it was me, I would go to UCL. Many students complain about their departments. I know people who studied chem eng at other unis like Manchester and Cambridge, some complained as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads