Kei Maesa
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so a lot of the uni Im applying to required AAA for predicted, however my predicted is A*AB - will my application still be considered? I believe they are the same Ucas points so I was hoping I am still eligible.
rose.clm
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I would recommend contacting the university directly to ask!
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Unis that use predictions usually consider people one grade below. However it's not a certainty so, as above, if you want to be sure you can always give them a quick call before applying to check.
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Also, ask them to give it to you in written form (i.e. an email) too.
Last edited by coco:); 1 week ago
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by coco:))
Also, ask them to give it to you in written form (i.e. an email) too. You don't want unnecessary trouble on results day if there's been a mix-up or something - you can just show them the email.
This query is regarding predicted grades being considered, not confirming their place on results day.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Most universities give offers based on grades, not UCAS points, so that's not really relevant.

They might still give you an offer with near-miss predictions? But it will be their standard offer, not what your predictions are, so you are going to need to figure out how to turn that B into an A.

Not sure what you mean by "require for predicted". They require actual results. Predicted grades aren't achieved grades, and in non Covid times (which this year will hopefully be) most people do worse than their predictions in at least one subject. I'm not saying this to be mean, but so you can set your expectations appropriately. You really shouldn't be applying to more than two universities with higher requirements than your predicted grades, and AAA is higher than your predicted grades. "A lot of" sounds like you probably want to rethink your choices.
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
This query is regarding predicted grades being considered, not confirming their place on results day.
ah sorry, misread part of it! I'll edit my reply
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by coco:))
ah sorry, misread part of it! I'll edit my reply
No worries at all. At this stage the best that the uni can confirm is either "yes, you would be considered" or "no, we wouldn't be able to consider you" so not really necessary to get anything in writing, (and might struggle to get a reply in time for the Jan deadline, calling is better at this time of year).
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Read all of this - How to Avoid 5 Reections - especially the bit about picking a range of course requirements - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
One of two 'just above' choices are fine but be prepared for no, and make sure your other choices are more realistic but still Unis youactually want to go to.
Parinoor
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Kei Maesa)
so a lot of the uni Im applying to required AAA for predicted, however my predicted is A*AB - will my application still be considered? I believe they are the same Ucas points so I was hoping I am still eligible.
i did the same thing and 2 unis accepted me ! so i think u shouldnt worry as some unis look at tarrif points and theyre both equivalent
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Parinoor)
i did the same thing and 2 unis accepted me ! so i think u shouldnt worry as some unis look at tarrif points and theyre both equivalent
If the offer is stated in grades on the website, then UCAS points-equivalent dont apply.
Parinoor
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by McGinger)
If the offer is stated in grades on the website, then UCAS points-equivalent dont apply.
no, coz the unis which gave me an offer mustve gone through tariff points!

and besides the grades they look at other components like references and the personal statement etc so u shouldnt worry!
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 day ago

and besides the grades they look at other components like references and the personal statement etc so u shouldnt worry!
McGinger works for UCAS, you are a student, I know who I'm going to trust 😂😂

But yes you're right the personal statement, reference and any other factors have a role to. play, however there is still the worry that the offer will most likely be AAA not however many UCAS points that is worth
Parinoor
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
McGinger works for UCAS, you are a student, I know who I'm going to trust 😂😂

But yes you're right the personal statement, reference and any other factors have a role to. play, however there is still the worry that the offer will most likely be AAA not however many UCAS points that is worth
yes .. wdum! lol i clearly been through it 😂😂
Kei Maesa
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 hours ago

hey, congrats on your offers! do u mind telling me which unis they were, as Im struggling to find some
Parinoor
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
yh ofc reading and stirling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (64)
12.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.46%

Watched Threads