The Student Room Group

Dressing appropriate to generation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chicken.M.
I highly doubt your friends said people who take their shirts off when it's hot outside are **** heads lol. It's such a normal thing to do I see people doing it every time it's sunny at the park. Even the women do it and start sun bathing. The sun only comes out a couple times a year in UK so people make the most of it.

They probably aren't d!ckheads lol but ik a lot of girls who feel uncomfortable when guys strip and vise versa. Just an observation.
Sports bras, bandeus, and bralettes designed for fashion purposes are typically acceptable - although not everyone will agree on that so you might get some inappropriate comments from people incapable of minding their own business. For a general rule of thumb, the more closely it resembles actual lingerie the more likely it is to simply be mistaken for it. Just use your head on that one. Pairing with a lightweight kimono will keep you cool and generally look a tad classier (if that's something you care about).
Original post by Jonathanツ
Guys take off their t-shirt because they wanna create an ego, and assert their manliness to the other males.

It has nothing to do with how hot they are, a loose thin t-shirt will if anything keep you cooler than no t-shirt

I’ve always had a really unpopular view when it comes to this if anything I think showing a body reveals vulnerability. Like you see their skin, imperfections, moles etc. I find it really hard to explain but the less clothes someone wears the more they are confirming they are human after all.. if you get what I mean

Like even if I see muscles that’s normal and just confirms they are normal

whereas with clothes you know they will look like a person and be the same as everyone else underneath but you’ve never actually seen it as proof

No idea why I’m like this it’s probably odd
My opinion is that where it should be acceptable for a man to be without a top, it should be acceptable for a woman to be as well. This means men covering up more than they do in summer.

Though that is not how it is. For places such as beaches I think mobile phone cameras and the possibility of being photographed have reduced the number of women who sunbathe topless.

Quick Reply

Latest