whats something you wish you knew about your vaginal health?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hiiiiiiii I'm doing my EPQ on women's vaginal health as it's a complex topic that schools just don't highlight enough, and to make it worse cultural barriers stop women from discussing concerns about their health down there with other women and potentially doctors too!

That being said, what's someting you wish you knew about your own vaginal health? it could be anything like how to recognise something abnormal in your period blood, common infections that you wish you knew more about before freaking out, or just how to deal with cramps better!

I'll go first:
I wish I knew that if you are seeing more blood clots than usual in your period blood, you could have been way too stressed that week mentally, and need to take a break! When I saw LOADS of clots on my pad I freaked out and googled it - and google started going off on how I could have a damaged liver! Which obviously made me panic more to I rang my GP, and she explained that it was most likely stress. Went easy on myself for the next month and bam my period is back to normal !

Feel free to use this thread for any issue you have concerning your lower half, it doesn't just have to be medical issues! everyone is welcome, cis gender or not, a vagina is a vagina and your health matters!
Jas100000
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiiiiiiii I'm doing my EPQ on women's vaginal health as it's a complex topic that schools just don't highlight enough, and to make it worse cultural barriers stop women from discussing concerns about their health down there with other women and potentially doctors too!

That being said, what's someting you wish you knew about your own vaginal health? it could be anything like how to recognise something abnormal in your period blood, common infections that you wish you knew more about before freaking out, or just how to deal with cramps better!

I'll go first:
I wish I knew that if you are seeing more blood clots than usual in your period blood, you could have been way too stressed that week mentally, and need to take a break! When I saw LOADS of clots on my pad I freaked out and googled it - and google started going off on how I could have a damaged liver! Which obviously made me panic more to I rang my GP, and she explained that it was most likely stress. Went easy on myself for the next month and bam my period is back to normal !

Feel free to use this thread for any issue you have concerning your lower half, it doesn't just have to be medical issues! everyone is welcome, cis gender or not, a vagina is a vagina and your health matters!
That's an interesting EPQ project, and it's a very good topic that you've picked and very important.

One of the things I would have liked to have been more aware about is the problems that may occur such as endometriosis or PCOS and so on , as some people don't know about these and it's useful to spread awareness about this.

Another thing that would be nice to know, is like how you said above, how to deal with cramps. I feel like people are just expected to get on with it and are not given any advice in education. I think schools should talk about periods more too, just to help the topic of them become less taboo.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your EPQ! 🍀😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (46)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.86%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (94)
25%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
9.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (181)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise