Do unis do afternoon/evening classes?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just wondering if anyone knows of any unis that don't typically do morning classes, or any specific subjects, because I wanna go to uni but Idk if I could deal with early morning classes as I suffer from really bad insomnia. I can't sleep until 5am usually so I don't wanna have to get up for an 8am class lol.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I'm pretty sure lectures are usually in the morning, teachers tend to want to do stuff in the morning cause they want to get home quicker, it's simple physics.

Maybe a remote degree would be better for you, at least you could literally attend a lecture in your bed..
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
It also depends on what you want to do. I do biology and I have a relatively lot of 'free' time for extra reading whereas my friend who does computer science sometimes has stuff from 9 to 6.
Last edited by coco:); 1 week ago
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I had a few 6pm seminars (UCL)
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Or birkbeck is almost completely in the evening as I understand!
D_mar456
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Well birbeck in london is known as the evening university so maybe consider that one?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just wondering if anyone knows of any unis that don't typically do morning classes, or any specific subjects, because I wanna go to uni but Idk if I could deal with early morning classes as I suffer from really bad insomnia. I can't sleep until 5am usually so I don't wanna have to get up for an 8am class lol.
Isn't the answer to really try to get on top of the insomnia - have you had any help from your GP? Unless you're going to be purely a shift-worker for the rest of your life, how will you cope with a normal job?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads