The Student Room Group

I need help in deciding on my career path, I’d love your input

I’m currently an intensive care nurse and have been for the last 6 year or so. Currently, it’s not serving me so I came to a long and difficult decision. I want to change my career completely.

Currently, I’m very interested in anything with the mind and healing. I love psychology and human behaviour. I love learning and growing, especially self-growth. Many people have said I am very good at analysing their problems and helping them with it. I spend most of my time willingly learning about personal development, mind, healing, psychology. It took a long time to find what I love and I’m glad. I’m just struggling with the career choice. I’m happy to go uni, study, anything. So my question is what career could these correlate to?
Reply 1
Maybe try counselling or physiotherapy. The National Careers Advice service has some good tools to help. Finding a career you enjoy all the while would be great but is pretty challenging
Original post by Zarek
Maybe try counselling or physiotherapy. The National Careers Advice service has some good tools to help. Finding a career you enjoy all the while would be great but is pretty challenging

Thank you for replying back to me. I had psychotherapy on my mind too, I need to some research on it. Also, thank you for the link I will check them out!
Reply 3
Original post by KayleighMind
Thank you for replying back to me. I had psychotherapy on my mind too, I need to some research on it. Also, thank you for the link I will check them out!

The careers service also has webchat, telephone and face to face appointment options, or last I used it it did anyway.
Original post by Zarek
The careers service also has webchat, telephone and face to face appointment options, or last I used it it did anyway.

Oh sounds great! Will check them out thank you
You can try prospects.ac.uk there is a quiz you can take that will help narrow down careers that are good for you. It also shows the skills, qualifications and lots more about different careers :smile:

As someone who is also looking to change careers, I wish you all the best and more! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by WorldPharmacist
You can try prospects.ac.uk there is a quiz you can take that will help narrow down careers that are good for you. It also shows the skills, qualifications and lots more about different careers :smile:

As someone who is also looking to change careers, I wish you all the best and more! Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you!! I will check them out.

Oh great, Good luck!!! I hope you find what you’re looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending