The Student Room Group

Got so many more matches on tinder listing my height & topless pics

Basically I've had tinder for like 3 months and I swear I've only had like 10 likes in that time period. I didnt put my height or topless pics showing my abs etc - instead they were regular photos of me and I pretty much got no matches. Today I decided to put my height in my bio (6'0) aswell as post 5 pictures all topless pretty much and the main reason I did this was to see if matches increased and they did drastically. Got 4 likes and 1 match in the first 12 hours of me doing this. So basically I've had half the amount of likes in 1 day of topless pics and height in my bio as I have in 3 months of regular photos and not putting height in my bio.

How has it taken me this long to realise that topless pics and putting height if your height is decent or above actually does a lot when it comes to matches. Tinder is actually working for me now. I was about to give up on the app honestly. Maybe I'll delete my account on it still and then try swipe the same girls again as I'm confident I'll get far more matches this time with them.
Ok and what was the purpose of creating a thread specifically to tell us you got tinder matches
Reply 2
Original post by thrivingfrog
Ok and what was the purpose of creating a thread specifically to tell us you got tinder matches

Just to say that it makes a crazy difference when you put your height in your bio etc. I'm sure there's many other guys that haven't put their height in their bio either.
Original post by Anonymous
Just to say that it makes a crazy difference when you put your height in your bio etc. I'm sure there's many other guys that haven't put their height in their bio either.

NO shieet Sherlock

I think they're probably too busy studying for their 7 A-Levels
Congratulations though displaying pictures and estimation of height doesn’t make someone unique everyone’s special in their own way, pictures are nothing having the personality justifies you and you can still find a match even without a dating app.
They probably started to pu for your pictures and your “height” and not for you, you know who knows so don’t be carried away with it.
Original post by thrivingfrog

:giggle::clap2::giggle::laugh:
Reply 8
They probably started to pu for your pictures and your “height” and not for you, you know who knows so don’t be carried away with it.

My pictures and height make me though. Besides, they wouldn't be able to know me like that until having a conversation if they swipe right
Is this a social experiment or something? It's common knowledge. People are attracted to bare skin and numbers on online dating sites.
Basically I've had tinder for like 3 months and I swear I've only had like 10 likes in that time period. I didnt put my height or topless pics showing my abs etc - instead they were regular photos of me and I pretty much got no matches. Today I decided to put my height in my bio (6'0) aswell as post 5 pictures all topless pretty much and the main reason I did this was to see if matches increased and they did drastically.

That's nice. However, I am curious, are you interested in dating, casual hook-ups, a relationship, or merely farming likes on Tinder?

Because if you are not just after farming likes and you are this tall athletic guy you claim to be, then surely you'd be out there getting laid in the real world rather than complaining about your number of Tinder likes on TSR.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
This is common sense.

However, it probably will surprise some people on TSR. A lot of people on here are very naive and idealistic when it comes to dating (probably as they lack experience in the real world).

It is very common for people on TSR to mistakenly believe that things like height and body do not matter, and that it is all about personality.
Height is important but ultimately novelty will wear off without the right personality.
Of course.
Tinder is a hookup app where many users do have preferences connected with height and abs.
Original post by KA_P
Is this a social experiment or something? It's common knowledge. People are attracted to bare skin and numbers on online dating sites.

I just tested topless pics and putting my height in my bio (6'0) to see if it did so its kinda one I guess. Got another 4 matches today and it's only 1:15pm.

Original post by Crazed cat lady
That's nice. However, I am curious, are you interested in dating, casual hook-ups, a relationship, or merely farming likes on Tinder?

Because if you are not just after farming likes and you are this tall athletic guy you claim to be, then surely you'd be out there getting laid in the real world rather than complaining about your number of Tinder likes on TSR.

I don't care about getting laid. Care about getting a partner and I don't go clubbing or anything really. And I'm not complaining either. I was just saying I barely got any matches until I put my height & posted topless pics and now I'm averaging 4 per day, despite using 0 boosts or Tinder Gold etc and 0 superlikes. But mainly I did this to see if likes increased yeah.

Original post by AF2Dr
This is common sense.

However, it probably will surprise some people on TSR. A lot of people on here are very naive and idealistic when it comes to dating (probably as they lack experience in the real world).

It is very common for people on TSR to mistakenly believe that things like height and body do not matter, and that it is all about personality.

Agreed.

Ever since I've put my height & just put topless pics it has been for some reason. I'm getting matches with girls I'm swiping right to too now. Wasn't getting this before.

Original post by AF2Dr
Not sure about that tbh. People are capable of doing more than one thing. I do not know anyone who spends 100% of their time "getting laid".

Plenty of attractive and successful people are active online, eg on Twitter and Instagram. That doesn't prevent them from having sex!

Exactly
However, I'll say this. What I dislike about Tinder is that I see more girls I'm attracted to irl. In Tinder it's like 2/10 in general really that I swipe right to. Quite a heavy left swiped but I guess it's better than Bumble where it's like 1/10. Then again I've only been using this dating app in the Midlands & West Yorkshire. Maybe it's different in London, who knows.

Whereas irl youll come across far more.
I just tested topless pics and putting my height in my bio (6'0) to see if it did so its kinda one I guess. Got another 4 matches today and it's only 1:15pm.

I don't care about getting laid. Care about getting a partner and I don't go clubbing or anything really. And I'm not complaining either. I was just saying I barely got any matches until I put my height & posted topless pics and now I'm averaging 4 per day, despite using 0 boosts or Tinder Gold etc and 0 superlikes. But mainly I did this to see if likes increased yeah.

Agreed.

Ever since I've put my height & just put topless pics it has been for some reason. I'm getting matches with girls I'm swiping right to too now. Wasn't getting this before.

Exactly

Great to know thank you for telling us.

Quick Reply