🟠 parmezanne's wellness blog 2022 🟠

Watch this thread
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I'm glad you did, otherwise I'd have had to disown you :reaper: :rip: :sadnod:

Ooooh yay for journal, that sounds awesome

2,700 words, meep! :afraid: I barely managed 2000 words for most of my uni essays (though these were tutorial essays, so not formally counting towards my degree). It was frequently brought up in my progress review things that my essays were "on the short side" :teehee:

I'm Zooming one of my closest friends at 2pm, so am looking forward to that! My health has been rather bumpy this week, so might just have a relaxed day today tbh
Agggh :run:

And that's so lucky! This is my longest one to be fair - it's 3000 words but you get 10% over and under. I'd rather be concise and not waffle so I'm gathering you did the same thing in uni :yep:

Hope you enjoyed your Zoom! Very 2020 of you :lol: and absolutely do. I love cleaning on my day off, it really makes me feel productive but also peaceful for some reason!
parmezanne
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
January update 02

I don't think this frequent of an update will occur in the next 12 months but we can remain hopeful. Reflective work is really healthy so I can't encourage it enough. In fact, last night I practiced every healthy habit - made my to-do list, set my January intentions, journaled 1 thing I am grateful for that day, and read before bed (albeit, mein kampf I feel like it's an important piece of historical literature so I am reading it but don't get any ideas)! So I'm doing good.

Today I have finally got my entire first draft completed. Tomorrow I don't need to go into campus so it's going to be a full essay day, apart from one online seminar I have to break it up. I have now been listening to music and editing my playlist for this month. giving this update, and next I'll try get ahead of my reading for the seminar tomorrow. Today I had two lectures and saw some friends at them both. Tonight I'll be having a wholesome night out with a couple friends which will be nice too, so it's a good balance!

I also went for such a lovely cycle today, to the supermarket. I had a voucher for my food so I got it all paid for me! Thank you, relative who gave me that gift :lol: It was a sunny day and surprisingly warm in the sun. I can't wait for summer and to sit in the garden to work!! I don't want to wish time away, but I also much prefer summer to winter and spring.

I'll feel much better when this essay is out the way, and I'd like to have a little more motivation than I currently do, but I need to remind myself to be proud of myself for what I do achieve and am happy about in my life, even if they are only small things.

How was your day?

tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yaaaay for supermarket voucher and seeing friends! Well done on doing so many reflective work aspects, that's quite something! I struggle to do even one most days :getmecoat:

Mein Kampf sounds like quite sombre bedtime reading. Hope it's not affecting your dreams or sleep :console:
parmezanne
Rep:
Yaaaay for supermarket voucher and seeing friends! Well done on doing so many reflective work aspects, that's quite something! I struggle to do even one most days :getmecoat:

Mein Kampf sounds like quite sombre bedtime reading. Hope it's not affecting your dreams or sleep :console:
Thank you! I worry sometimes that I'm doing them because I feel like 'this is a healthy practise, I must do it and then I will be x' but I need to remind myself that actually it's just about remembering there is joy in every day :yep:

And ahah, funnily enough he was actually not a great writer. His thoughts were all over the place and it is, as my mum would say, the 'diary of a mad man'. Very conceited, very mundane. Determined to finish it nevertheless and that's my goal for this week :dumbells:
parmezanne
Rep:
January update 03

Wow, I am on a roll this January :lol:

Yesterday I uploaded my assignment. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but I'll admit I am surprised it took me so little time! I KNEWWW the hardest part was the original putting words down onto the page, once I had constructed it and put the work in, it was a much smoother ride. Sounds like a metaphor of life lol.

I rewarded myself by having a very chill afternoon - I started watching 'Jane the Virgin' to my friend's recommendation and it is excellent! I am really enjoying it so far, I got to episode 5 and then our wifi stopped working. I guess it was definitely divine intervention because my goal this week is to really reduce screentime. I have been not great lately (I mean the past week) in being determined to not pick up my phone or eat chocolate. I really want to get back some discipline (I know chocolate is fab as a treat but I would rather keep it that way), especially when it comes to being on my phone! I also want to push doing more reading :dumbells:

Apart from that, I've been keeping up with my journal and it's enjoyable to fill out. I like being able to say one thing I am grateful for per year plus an artefact from the week - this week's artefact is my to-do list which has the crossed box next to the highlighted 'submit essay' Another positive is that I have been drinking lots of water - filling up my 665ml bottle at least 4 times a day.

I am really going to prioritize going out on a long walk this week - having to go through the countryside on the bus really grounds me and makes me feel very 'outside the student bubble' which I think is sooooo important. It must be popped now and again to remind yourself there is life outside of work and you should shift your perspective once in a while to give you clarity.

How is your week going? Tell me one high and one low :yep:

Tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
Last edited by parmezanne; 4 months ago
parmezanne
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
January update 04

Hi everyone :hi:

I hope you're having a restful (or productive, or mixed!) Sunday. I have really enjoyed this weekend - I went for a day out by myself yesterday to a fun town which I could just cycle to and ate lunch at a pub, interacted with locals and saw the sights. So I got some exercise in and also had time to think outside the uni bubble!

Truth be told, I have been feeling a little down these past few days and I have been struggling to put my finger on why, which is frustrating. It might be a culmination of multiple things. I have wondered if it's that I'm putting too much pressure on myself to be perfect - does anyone have experience in feeling this too? I feel like I'm doing 'all the right things' but it isn't having the desired effect. Maybe I need to take a step back from overthinking things and just live? I don't know :confused:

It could also be that I'm talking to a guy I once liked (just as friends) but actually maybe I don't need / want him as a friend. I genuinely have no feelings for him anymore but I feel like he probably takes up too much of my time. It might also be that I'm not completely over the situation that happened with someone I was seeing two months ago and I need more time and putting too much pressure on myself :cry2:

Either way, there is something underlying and I would like her to go now, please :lol:

Tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
Last edited by parmezanne; 3 months ago
parmezanne
Rep:
January update 05

Okay, a lighter update. I have figured out that mercury being in retrograde is just hitting meeeee rn :lol: I don't personally believe astrology is real but that being said, it's comforting to believe your mood is not your fault. So my down-ness is probably just an accumulation of everything that's been happening :yep:

I am ready to get this anger out that I am very clearly harbouring so my playlist is made and ready :yep: I love making spotify playlists (I make one every week-2 weeks) so it's just another fun hobby.

I prayed, called my family, and I feel a lot lighter - like there's more to look forward to? And I just needed a shift of perspective. Onwards and upwards :nyan:

tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by parmezanne)
January update 05

Okay, a lighter update. I have figured out that mercury being in retrograde is just hitting meeeee rn :lol: I don't personally believe astrology is real but that being said, it's comforting to believe your mood is not your fault. So my down-ness is probably just an accumulation of everything that's been happening :yep:

I am ready to get this anger out that I am very clearly harbouring so my playlist is made and ready :yep: I love making spotify playlists (I make one every week-2 weeks) so it's just another fun hobby.

I prayed, called my family, and I feel a lot lighter - like there's more to look forward to? And I just needed a shift of perspective. Onwards and upwards :nyan:

tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
Glad to hear about the shift in perspective :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Playlists can be so helpful and cathartic for these kinda things :yep: Glad you are feeling a bit better about things :hugs:
parmezanne
Rep:
Playlists can be so helpful and cathartic for these kinda things :yep: Glad you are feeling a bit better about things :hugs:
Completely agree. I find that a song with the right lyrics or feeling can just completely wake you up and give you clarity. :yep:

Funnily enough, yesterday I downloaded 3 dating apps and then deleted them all in the same day - had a fab revelation and feel happy being single again :lol:
parmezanne
Rep:
February update 01

Happy February!

Usually I would say 'I can't believe January has gone so quick' but actually, the month has gone at a reasonable pace. At the beginning, I was on holiday, then I moved back to uni, then only had 3 weeks of uni! So I got a lot done and I'd say an overall positive start to the year.

This weekend I went home which was just fab. I didn't take any work with me - I just read, baked, hung out with my family, played on the xbox, and ate excellent food! I generally think I kept up with my January theme of good time management - I wasn't really ever late, I stayed on top of my work, and I submitted my essay in good time. A really great success is that I kept up with my journaling! Every day has an entry of what I was grateful for - I think it's a good practice. :yep:

This month is phone time. It was my theme a couple times last year but I really, really want to crack down on it now. I was honest with a friend that I was talking to too much to be normal friends, and that helped me go on my phone less. The thing is, I know that social media (especially instagram!) is pointless and I'm even conscious of it when I open it - but I open it anyway?

I think the key is for me to not start my day on it. If I do that, there is reliance automatically and it's the first thing I see. Instead, I want to do what I did this morning, where I just let my mind wander and drift around before I did a quick covid test and had a shower. THAT'S a far healthier choice, and one I'd like to continue. Also, please let me know if you know any users who would be interested in my blog

What is your goal at the moment?
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
Last edited by parmezanne; 3 months ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Glad Jan was a positive start to the year for you! I think not opening social media as soon as you wake up sounds like a good plan. Probs ought to try that myself, really

My goal is to try and be more productive this month :yep:
parmezanne
Rep:
Glad Jan was a positive start to the year for you! I think not opening social media as soon as you wake up sounds like a good plan. Probs ought to try that myself, really

My goal is to try and be more productive this month :yep:
I agree - it's just not a productive start. I lose track of time and stay in bed for waaay longer!

And I hope you manage that! Good luck :yep:
parmezanne
Rep:
February update 02

Hi everyone, I hope your first week of February is going swimmingly (or not, that's totally okay too. Bad times make the good times better) :yep:

Mine has been going pretty strong. I deleted instagram last night and I am thiiiiis close to deleting Hinge because people are starting to ask me out on actual dates and I forgot that that's the point of a dating app :lol: I only used it for a social experiment!

Today I have really cracked down - I submitted an article for a blog, I'm updating this blog as we speak, put a hot wash, and I have written 1000 words of my 1500 word essay due Tuesday. So I've been super productive and feeling good! In anticipation of just in case I'm tired tomorrow, I'm trying to get the whole first draft done today so that the hard part is out of the way and it's just editing left to do. I'll get some stuff from the shops too - a good healthy balance of life! :yep:

So screentime is down which is the main thing...I hope you are managing to do that too. Make sure to take regular eye breaks, do handstands or something other than looking at a screen. :hugs:

Tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh wow you've been super-productive! Well done on cutting down on screentime. I have managed that a tiny bit but that time has been used for napping, not anything productive :rolleyes:
parmezanne
Rep:
Oh wow you've been super-productive! Well done on cutting down on screentime. I have managed that a tiny bit but that time has been used for napping, not anything productive :rolleyes:
Errrrr can we please take that back? Napping is still productive, clearly you needed the rest. I went out last night and it was a fab night. I hope you get more work done today if that was your intention. :yep:

Today I'm putting on a load of washing, drinking lots of water for my hangover, go through my essay again and finish a second draft, and hopefully get a quick walk around the block and get bread (again, for hangover :rolleyes: )
parmezanne
Rep:
February update 03

Hi everyone, I hope this half way point of February is treating you well :yep:

I have to say, my break from Instagram did me the world of good. I am a naturally pro-active person so it irritated me at times when I wanted to search something up, but to escape the world's drama probably helped me more than I realised. I'm no longer just going on it for the sake of going on it and that feels really good :yep: I redownloaded it and my attitude has completely changed. I just deleted youtube so lets see it have the same effect on that too, I hope!

My screentime has definitely gone down - it's an hour less, according to the Apple notification, so that's good! Now to decrease it first thing in the morning because that's what's holding me back

I have been feeling generally super happy. I feel like I have my life under control, I have been having fun, I have been really feeling confident and also working hard. I got so much work done yesterday and I'm starting to get through it today so that's positive. My friends from home aren't feeling too well so they might not come here this weekend but I am hopeful! I'll see them soon regardless. :yep:

I think one of the best things to happen to me is that I went on a date and didn't leave feeling super let down when I didn't want another one with her. We had loads in common and lots to talk about but I just didn't feel sexually attracted to her (which is obviously quite important!). She wasn't my usual type so I think that probably had something to do with it - I know I am really attracted to someone if I feel nervous and I just didn't with her. Which is totally okay, she was great but just not something I want to pursue

Which brings us to Valentines Day! It was so easy - I didn't feel single, sad, or alone. I had fun with my housemates playing games, we cooked a great meal, and got to bed later than usual (a mission for me seeing as I get tired so early these days because I wake up earlier).

I hope you are all doing well. Sending my love to anyone who didn't feel it yesterday. :heart:

Tag list
BurstingBubbles
The_Lonely_Goatherd
AestheticStudying
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Awww, it's so heart-warming to read of how happy you are! Glad you had a good time yesterday, and great that you are at peace with how the date went
parmezanne
Rep:
Awww, it's so heart-warming to read of how happy you are! Glad you had a good time yesterday, and great that you are at peace with how the date went
Yeah, Valentines Day was a great day I finally felt what people talk about when they say 'if you're single, just feel the love you have for friends and people around you' :yep:

Did you do anything nice?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by parmezanne)
Yeah, Valentines Day was a great day I finally felt what people talk about when they say 'if you're single, just feel the love you have for friends and people around you' :yep:

Did you do anything nice?
My mum, sister and I did a Galentine's Day getaway, as it's half-term for Mum. Was fun! I've now got covid-19 though, so feeling under the weather
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads