The Student Room Group

Unit 4 activity 2 health and social

HIII, i know this unit has got us in a chokehold😭 but i have just done something to help the people doing the social article. It is actually really easy but it’s just something that I’ve personally never practiced and it a niche group of people to have an article about.
So I have found what someone else out and just adapted it to the article I’m doing I hope this helps some people.

What has your own research (your secondary sources) led you to understand about the importance of developing reliable methods of diagnosis for individuals with arthritis? (15 Marks)

In your response you should show how your secondary research relates to the issue in the article

So in simple terms this question is asking you to explain why it is important to have reliable methods by comparing your article with your secondary sources

Let's look at the highest band for this activity

Band 4 (13 to 15 Marks)

You analysed (meaning explaining and critiquing) the issue, leading to conclusions about the issue’s importance
You provided relevant examples of how the issue affects individuals and/or professionals and/or the wider society, which are fully supported by your secondary research findings

Your secondary research findings and their relationship to the issue (which is LGBTQI+ disabled people and their self directed care) in the article are explained and you demonstrated a thorough understanding of the relationship between the two

So what you should do is:

Explain whether the article is reliable or not or are there some parts that are reliable and some parts are not? and why (for example in the article they didn't say how the people was chosen e.g if it was randomised and there was only 20 LGBTQI+ disabled people- they could have already known there experiences)
Provide 3 to 4 examples (use PEEL point, evidence, explanation and link for every paragraph as it helps to structure what you’re trying to get across) from your secondary sources to show evidence on why that research is more/less reliable compared to your article (What research method did they use to make it more/less reliable than the article)
Provide current (Past 5 years) examples from your secondary sources to show how the issue (LGBTQI+ disabled people) can affect individuals (remember PIES), professionals and society (i.e. LGBTQI+ disabled people being neglected by careers and society can make them feel hopeless and marginalised. This can affect society because it could affect social relationships also can make people feel frustrated, angry, and depressed- then link to mental/emotional impact- further mental health problems. sense of hopelessness, which can in turn affect other members of the family and friends)
If the article is unreliable and gives false information how can it affect the individual, society and professionals?
Compare your secondary sources to the article about LGBTQI+ disabled people and their self-directed care (Do they come to the same conclusion, what method is the most reliable method from your secondary sources)
What reliable method should the article use instead? and why are these methods reliable?
If the article and your secondary sources are reliable and provides accurate information how can it affect individuals, society and professionals?

Conclusion

You conclusion should explain why it's important to develop reliable methods on providing support and the correct care for LGBTQI+ disabled people
By summarising your points it should start with: In conclusion, the reason why it's important to develop further knowledge of the support that LGBTQI+ disabled people need is because...
hi this is really helpful for question 2 have you managed to do anywork on reaerch methods for the first question at all I'm really struggling with how have different research methods been used in the original article
Reply 2
heyy sorry only just seen this, have you already done it? I did mine yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest