The Student Room Group

drugs

do you guys think its normal for someone to be doing 4-5 drugs not constantly but a few times a month? or something
no
Reply 2
Original post by Foreverconfu
no

i thought it seemed like a lot too...
taking any drugs isn't normal, if you need drugs to function u need help.
Reply 4
Original post by Foreverconfu
taking any drugs isn't normal, if you need drugs to function u need help.

like what about at uni? i know that it’s quite popular there
Original post by Anonymous
do you guys think its normal for someone to be doing 4-5 drugs not constantly but a few times a month? or something

It’s aiyt
I don't think it's normal to do drugs no. Even in uni, I get more people experiment but I still wouldn't say its normal by any means
Reply 7
Original post by Laurenalexa.x
I don't think it's normal to do drugs no. Even in uni, I get more people experiment but I still wouldn't say its normal by any means

yeah i see what you mean thanks
Reply 8
Curiosity is normal, but drugs are not normal for anyone caught up in a group that do drugs (even 4 or 5 times a month) Peer pressure is bound to be a big factor to make you feel you should try them? Some people have no boundaries and no qualms about encouraging others either. Drugs are a blanket No No No No from the authorities but you may still be tempted to try something? Don't

Cannabis is still regarded as 'soft' but the strength of the THC can be very powerful, and widely linked to schizophrenia and mental health problems later down the line. Cannabis is still illegal despite all the social pressure to do otherwise. You risk a criminal possession record being caught with it.

Some drugs can have a severe and devastating effect on you as a user, and are highly addictive, particularly synthetic drugs. Some 'party' drugs can kill you even as a first time user. Unregulated, illegal drugs can be extremely powerful or cut with substances that you know nothing about and won't know about until you are unconscious (or dead) Drugs like cocaine are highly addictive and whilst it can give you euphoria and make you feel amazing to do stupid risk taking acts. It can leave you incapacitated by exhaustion, with expensive addiction problems and a perforated nasal septum.

The biggest problem of drug use is addiction, wrecked health and death. Never ever ever ever ever try heroin at all - ever. If you think you can't even give up sugar you will only have yourself to blame if you ever to try heroin in any form. You will become addicted regardless of how good you think your will power is - and then you might as well throw any aspirations you ever had down the toilet. Then learn to live with abcesses, and blood clots and join the wasted zombie club in the back alleys .

There are so many health issues with all of the illegal drugs there are too many to list. Look at the website 'FRANK' for impartial advice.
Aside from the health problems if you are caught with any illegal Class drugs you are liable for arrest and conviction. You can kiss your degree studies goodbye, because some Uni's take a very dim view and terminate your course if they are aware of drug use. Secondly your criminal drug record DBS check will stop you getting a job in Government, Defence Services , NHS and many professional posts.

If you love getting a natural high and need excitement - do sports. Do skydiving, bungee jumping or any adrenaline sport that nearly kills you.

So NO its not normal even if it is 4 or 5 times a month.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttly
Curiosity is normal, but drugs are not normal for anyone caught up in a group that do drugs (even 4 or 5 times a month) Peer pressure is bound to be a big factor to make you feel you should try them? Some people have no boundaries and no qualms about encouraging others either. Drugs are a blanket No No No No from the authorities but you may still be tempted to try something? Don't

Cannabis is still regarded as 'soft' but the strength of the THC can be very powerful, and widely linked to schizophrenia and mental health problems later down the line. Cannabis is still illegal despite all the social pressure to do otherwise. You risk a criminal possession record being caught with it.

Some drugs can have a severe and devastating effect on you as a user, and are highly addictive, particularly synthetic drugs. Some 'party' drugs can kill you even as a first time user. Unregulated, illegal drugs can be extremely powerful or cut with substances that you know nothing about and won't know about until you are unconscious (or dead) Drugs like cocaine are highly addictive and whilst it can give you euphoria and make you feel amazing to do stupid risk taking acts. It can leave you incapacitated by exhaustion, with expensive addiction problems and a perforated nasal septum.

The biggest problem of drug use is addiction, wrecked health and death. Never ever ever ever ever try heroin at all - ever. If you think you can't even give up sugar you will only have yourself to blame if you ever to try heroin in any form. You will become addicted regardless of how good you think your will power is - and then you might as well throw any aspirations you ever had down the toilet. Then learn to live with abcesses, and blood clots and join the wasted zombie club in the back alleys .

There are so many health issues with all of the illegal drugs there are too many to list. Look at the website 'FRANK' for impartial advice.
Aside from the health problems if you are caught with any illegal Class drugs you are liable for arrest and conviction. You can kiss your degree studies goodbye, because some Uni's take a very dim view and terminate your course if they are aware of drug use. Secondly your criminal drug record DBS check will stop you getting a job in Government, Defence Services , NHS and many professional posts.

If you love getting a natural high and need excitement - do sports. Do skydiving, bungee jumping or any adrenaline sport that nearly kills you.

So NO its not normal even if it is 4 or 5 times a month.

thank you for this information it’s so helpful! and i absolutely agree with you, i was just curious because i know at uni it’s common for people to partake in these sorts of things so i was wondering if it’s normal
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous

depends. what sort of drugs?
No it is not normal.

I can't stand drugs in my life, or usually the people that use them either. You would always hear of some problem or other kicking off with these people. Either money problems. Or the police got involved for whatever reason. Or they were just being a total liability on everyone around them because they didn't know how to support themselves. Or they would either go to or host obnoxiously loud parties. If they weren't being disruptive towards you, you would hear of them being disruptive towards others instead, and every so often getting in trouble for it. Or they get kicked out of their accommodation and 'desperately need a place to stay', which is the worst, because they try to guilt-trip you and make you out to be a bad person for refusing.

Hell no.

I've known very few people who used drugs recreationally in a 'responsible' manner. Practically unheard of. Even if someone was only into weed, they still would often mingle with others who were into harder drugs and by association get entangled in their problems as well.

Why the hell anyone would invite this drama into their life... goes a mile over my head. If for whatever reasons I cannot avoid such people in my social life, I make expectations very clear: don't bring your sh*t and problems to my back yard. In fact I don't even want to hear about it. I use slightly more 'diplomatic' language, but I get the point across. I want nothing to do with these types of problems.

A friend of mine was recently looking for a spare room. She found a flat with one other guy living there, whom she suspected of doing drugs, but thought she would take the room anyway because it was much cheaper than market average. I had helped her a few times in the past already, but told her that I want nothing to do with any problems that might arise as a result of her moving in with that guy. She found a different place now. Good for her.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest