The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Dissertation

Hi! I am currently very anxious about completing my dissertation. I started back in September during the start of term time and just submitted the first draft of my literature review to my supervisor (Jan '22). I went through a couple deaths and have been very depressed the past couple of months which is why everything has been a little held back.

I am currently doing a qualitative research and have not yet found any interviewees. My dissertation is due to be submitted during the early weeks of April and I am so so so anxious and worried that I will not be able to complete my dissertation in time and that I will potentially fail this year.

Is around 4 months enough for interviewee hunting, interviews, data analysis and write up for undergraduate level? I would greatly appreciate and kind reassurance or advice. Please be nice.

Thank you :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by skyecheol
Hi! I am currently very anxious about completing my dissertation. I started back in September during the start of term time and just submitted the first draft of my literature review to my supervisor (Jan '22). I went through a couple deaths and have been very depressed the past couple of months which is why everything has been a little held back.

I am currently doing a qualitative research and have not yet found any interviewees. My dissertation is due to be submitted during the early weeks of April and I am so so so anxious and worried that I will not be able to complete my dissertation in time and that I will potentially fail this year.

Is around 4 months enough for interviewee hunting, interviews, data analysis and write up for undergraduate level? I would greatly appreciate and kind reassurance or advice. Please be nice.

Let me reassure you that you have more than enough time to complete your dissertation. Make some strategic plans and manage your time well. I wish you all the best.
Original post by skyecheol

Hi @skyecheol I am really sorry for your loss, would you be allowed an extension to compensate? And if you remain organised then you can do it in this amount of time. A good way to find some people to interview is through survey exchange groups, because people can also post in there asking for people to interview. Two good ones are called: 1) Surveycircle.com which is a website, and it's corresponding Facebook page which I found helpful when I needed participants for my dissertation survey is called "Survey exchange/ Survey group/ Survey participants - Dissertation, Thesis" and 2) there is a Facebook page called "Dissertation survey exchange". Another Facebook page that I have not used before but looks helpful for you is called "Dissertation Survey exchange - Share your research study, Find participants" and this is also linked to surveycircle.com.

Just make sure to plan, make a plan going all the way until the deadline, which reflects how long something will take in a realistic manner, and give yourself a few days or a weeks leeway for each component if you can. And while you are gaining participants you can also be working on your abstract, your literature review, your method section and references.

If you are worried I recommend speaking with your dissertation supervisor as well as your student support advisor.

Best of luck in your dissertation and if you need anymore advice just ask :smile:

- Rosie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending