The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Application

Hey guys, I applied around September 2021 for the fall 2022 intake. I selected the Economics and Finance course, which I got I response from them being my application kept on hold…it’s Jan 2022 should I still have hopes? I mean I achieved ABB and their offer was AAA I think. I got an unconditional from Exeter and thier offer was also AAA. Idk if me being a pessimist about this is gonna do me any good :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by athuissocool
Hey guys, I applied around September 2021 for the fall 2022 intake. I selected the Economics and Finance course, which I got I response from them being my application kept on hold…it’s Jan 2022 should I still have hopes? I mean I achieved ABB and their offer was AAA I think. I got an unconditional from Exeter and thier offer was also AAA. Idk if me being a pessimist about this is gonna do me any good :smile:

The 'equal consideration' deadline is 18:00 on 26th January. All applications received by UCAS before that deadline have to be considered equally. As that deadline is still over two weeks away, there's still time for others to be putting in applications that need to have equal consideration with yours.

It seems that Bristol put applications "on hold" routinely; see the "When an application is put on hold" section at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/ for what this means.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
You definitely have a chance but you may also get rejected. University of bristol is friendly with offers, they are not like oxbridge, LSE, and imperial where they have very low offer rate (as evident from the addmission report). U of bristol is known for friendly contextual offers but also for giving out offers too much. This year some students had to live in or near Bath and travel an hour to campus by bus... my friend studies medicine (i think) at bristol and he had lower predicted grades and he got accepted whilst other friend jusy met the grade requirements to study at either Cambridge and LSE, and he got rejected. In this case, you can still get an offer from Bristol- u got a chance! But don't get your hopes too high because you might also get rejected. I hope you the best for your future!
You’re so sweet thank you. I wish you all the best too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending