NEA Alevel History Coursework

Watch this thread
ALICEW2022
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi wondering if anyone can help me with alevel history coursework? My exam board is aqa and i have no idea how to devise an essay plan or whether i should write in factors or chronologically (a paragraph per 20 years).
My question is: the first world war was the main reason as to why the british empire declined in the years 1858-1965 assess the validity of this view.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as im panicking and its due in a month!!!
AnonymousX0823
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
my exam board is ocr so it might different but I was told to write about 3 main areas i.e my question is whether the holocaust was a predetermined plan or not and so one section would be Nazi ideology, the final solution and laws passed against the Jews. I would also write an intro and conclusion
narabarrrr
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ALICEW2022)
Hi wondering if anyone can help me with alevel history coursework? My exam board is aqa and i have no idea how to devise an essay plan or whether i should write in factors or chronologically (a paragraph per 20 years).
My question is: the first world war was the main reason as to why the british empire declined in the years 1858-1965 assess the validity of this view.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as im panicking and its due in a month!!!
hey im AQA.
basically you know the 25 markers you do in class - approach it as three of those squished together. e.g.
look for significant time periods and maybe split it into 3 or 4 depends on how it the periods naturally separate for that course. Ill give u and example of what I did for my civil rights course work

1st section (1863-1920s/the build up to de cure segregation)

2nd section(1920s-1940s/the impact of the war on segregation)

3rd section(1940s-60s/the civil rights movement and overturning of segregation)

edit: soz for the typos was in a rush + I put the historiography first
Last edited by narabarrrr; 6 months ago
LoverOfBooks
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I do AQA, but mine is on the nature of American Foreign Policy with the Middle East over the last 100 years. So my layout is:

Introduction (context, the argument, opinion)
Introduce historians (highlight the two opposing views)
Historian A: viewpoint
Historian B: viewpoint
Historian A: context
Historian B: context
Introduce 3 periods
Period 1 introduction (1918-1950)
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3
Judgement
Period 2 Introduction (1950-1990)
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3
Judgement
Period 3 Introduction (1990-2015)
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3
Judgement
Conclusion
dri1
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AnonymousX0823)
my exam board is ocr so it might different but I was told to write about 3 main areas i.e my question is whether the holocaust was a predetermined plan or not and so one section would be Nazi ideology, the final solution and laws passed against the Jews. I would also write an intro and conclusion
hi doing the same question by OCR, and i need help on my 3 factors. My first two factors are essentially the intentionalist v functionalist debate and then i don't know what to do for the third really.
AnonymousX0823
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dri1)
hi doing the same question by OCR, and i need help on my 3 factors. My first two factors are essentially the intentionalist v functionalist debate and then i don't know what to do for the third really.
Hi I was told not to do the intentionalist vs functionalist debate cuz it was limited in its view but I did put in my three main areas but if u we’re doing it that way you could explore maybe their debate over when the Holocaust really began but if you were to do just 3 areas then maybe leaders that influenced the Final solution etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads