The Student Room Group

If your school still does AS exams, can universities still see them?

Question above, also can teachers use your AS grade as a measure as your predicted grade for UCAS? I kinda bombed my chemistry year 12 mock and could have done better and getting a bit worried now
Reply 1
As in can unis see your as grade, if you got as grade B but your predicted UCAS grade was an A would you be at a disadvantage
Original post by kk15405
As in can unis see your as grade, if you got as grade B but your predicted UCAS grade was an A would you be at a disadvantage

Was this a school exam or a CAG? If it was a CAG then you must write it on your UCAS applicatiojn.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Was this a school exam or a CAG? If it was a CAG then you must write it on your UCAS applicatiojn.

nah just standard Year 12 mocks that most people have this week
Original post by kk15405
nah just standard Year 12 mocks that most people have this week

This week? What do you mean - this is not a standard thing.

Internal school grades are just part of the information teachers use for predictions.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
This week? What do you mean - this is not a standard thing.

Internal school grades are just part of the information teachers use for predictions.

I've asked 2 questions. Firstly do Year 12 mock exams occuring this week mean anything, because I flopped my chemistry mock. My second question is as some schools do AS exams and some don't if you get a B in an AS exam but your UCAS prediction is an A are you at a disadvantage to someone who hasn't done an AS qualification and has a UCAS A grade predicted
Original post by kk15405
I've asked 2 questions. Firstly do Year 12 mock exams occuring this week mean anything, because I flopped my chemistry mock. My second question is as some schools do AS exams and some don't if you get a B in an AS exam but your UCAS prediction is an A are you at a disadvantage to someone who hasn't done an AS qualification and has a UCAS A grade predicted

Yes they mean something as I've said - it's all part of the picture towards creating predictions.

I don't get your second - if you sit the AS exam and it's marked externally then you must include that grade on UCAS - if its a school exam it won't be 'seen' but teachers will use it as part of creating their prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest