Does anyone recommend Manchester as a place to work after graduating?

Watch
Scrax
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A company has got in touch with me recently for a job, it's in Manchester. I am just temping at the moment and looking for a proper job. I'm down south just outside of London. The problem is I don't know anyone there. Is it a good place to live? I went there once to visit a friend studying there and I heard about students getting mugged. I thought the uni seemed nice but the city centre was a bit rough tbh. But idk, I mean is it okay or is it as grim as people say it is.
Hajora0505
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
London is more dangerous than Manchester so you might as well
Scrax
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The main worry would be not finding friends. I went there literally once on the coach and if I'm going to be honest I found the city centre around piccadilly which is where the bus station to the uni was very scary and really rough, just weirdos eveywhere. apart from that I didn't see any of the city as I spent the weekend with my friend at the uni and going to the pubs in the uni area which seemed alright. Just worried about going there and not finding friends and getting mugged or something.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
It's not bad but it's not great either. It's a big city centre, sprawling, always over-busy IMO and I just don't like the general craic of the place

It's not that unsafe, mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (73)
13.15%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.59%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.93%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads