Graduate Journalist Career

Watch this thread
Alyssa Drysdale
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi all,

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give any ideas on where to go once graduated from university? I have two degrees in Journalism and Media, respectively. Unfortunately, however, I have had no such luck getting any jobs.

I have applied to numerous jobs across Scotland as I do drive so I am happy to commute. I have applied for all levels, especially entry level jobs, but no matter what, I keep getting declined.

I have been lucky to get a few interviews, but they always end back with either a decline, or more often than not, not even a response.

As you can imagine, it is quite disheartening not getting into the field that you have worked so hard to get into. I have been doing some freelance stuff here and there, but a stable, full-time job is what is what I am truly after.

I have tried applying for apprenticeships, social media style jobs, (trainee) reporter jobs, and the occasional magazine job.

I know the career field is relatively hard to get into and there is always a high level of competition.

I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas, or suggestions on what I could try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to your answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (80)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (159)
37.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
27.73%
It was TERRIBLE (66)
15.64%

Watched Threads