Othello Revision Help

Watch this thread
Jessicaohoh
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So my exam is in about a month. It’ll be on an extract from Othello. We have no notes or anything in the exam with us. I’m stressed. I’ve sat here for 3 hours making notes in various ways and everytime I get frustrated because it’s just not going to work. Does anybody know how I should revise?? Should I take my notes by theme instead and then base my characters and quotes around that?? I plan on re reading and watching the play but I’m just stuck on this. Pls help. Pls. I’m begging.
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
when I was revising I did it by theme, so like love, tragedy, racism, pride, etc, and then I did a bit on character too.
I just made mind maps of say a theme, and then quotes and techniques around it.
that might be in no way helpful it's been a while since I did it.

I remember Schmoop being pretty good for revision.
Jessicaohoh
Rep:
(Original post by lucyyy12)
when I was revising I did it by theme, so like love, tragedy, racism, pride, etc, and then I did a bit on character too.
I just made mind maps of say a theme, and then quotes and techniques around it.
that might be in no way helpful it's been a while since I did it.

I remember Schmoop being pretty good for revision.
So glad you’ve said you’ve done it by theme because I’m thinking that’s the best way to go for me, I’m gonna do it by character as well!! Thanks so much
Hyperbolit
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jessicaohoh)
So my exam is in about a month. It’ll be on an extract from Othello. We have no notes or anything in the exam with us. I’m stressed. I’ve sat here for 3 hours making notes in various ways and everytime I get frustrated because it’s just not going to work. Does anybody know how I should revise?? Should I take my notes by theme instead and then base my characters and quotes around that?? I plan on re reading and watching the play but I’m just stuck on this. Pls help. Pls. I’m begging.
Hi there! I run a YouTube channel where I post weekly Englit study videos. I've got a couple of Othello ones up - see if they help you at all?

Othello - detailed character analysis
Desdemona - detailed character analysis
5 key quotations in 'Othello' analysed
Jealousy in 'Othello' - detailed theme analysis

I'll also be posting a Iago character analysis video very soon, so make sure to subscribe to not miss out on that
Jessicaohoh
Rep:
(Original post by Hyperbolit)
Hi there! I run a YouTube channel where I post weekly Englit study videos. I've got a couple of Othello ones up - see if they help you at all?

Othello - detailed character analysis
Desdemona - detailed character analysis
5 key quotations in 'Othello' analysed
Jealousy in 'Othello' - detailed theme analysis

I'll also be posting a Iago character analysis video very soon, so make sure to subscribe to not miss out on that
Thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (40)
26.67%
As I expected (47)
31.33%
Harder (56)
37.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.67%

Watched Threads