The Student Room Group

Length of NEA

Hello!

Just to ask what sort of length should I be aiming at because I've finished my Introduction, Methodology and Data presentation/analysis and I'm on about 5500 words with conclusion and evaluation left to do? I know there's not a set length but wanted to know roughly if I need to condense or go into more detail because I feel I've exhausted everything I can think of so far

Also I'm doing mine on rebranding of an area and how successful it is, so if anyone wants help or to share ideas just message me
Thank you !
(Assuming this is for a geography NEA)
I know there was something somewhere that said around 4-5k words, but I know I went way over that (maybe 7-8k total?) and it didn’t hinder my grade :smile:
Sounds like you’ve got a good amount!
Reply 2
Mine was 5610 on a similar title and I did pretty well so that seems good! Just make sure everything is clear and that there's no unnecessary waffle :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by flaurie
(Assuming this is for a geography NEA)
I know there was something somewhere that said around 4-5k words, but I know I went way over that (maybe 7-8k total?) and it didn’t hinder my grade :smile:
Sounds like you’ve got a good amount!

Ahh good to hear! Did you do yours on physical or human because I feel like physical might have been easier but the weather didn't allow me to complete the fieldwork in October :frown:
Original post by mitchellday
Ahh good to hear! Did you do yours on physical or human because I feel like physical might have been easier but the weather didn't allow me to complete the fieldwork in October :frown:

Yeah mine was physical, about how the weather changes as you get further away from a city centre :h: I think there tends to be more to talk about/infer for human geography (which I struggled with as physical tends to be quite facts based) so pros and cons for both I think!
Reply 5
Hi! Mine was around 8000 words and what’s interesting is that I thought I wouldn’t even reach 4k but naturally you’ll reach there just don’t think much about it. If you’re wondering, I got 57/60.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
It's so annoying I never got my actual mark back because of the TAG's last year and my teacher not wanting to let us know. But I did get an A* so I must've done decently!

Original post by coco:)
Mine was 5610 on a similar title and I did pretty well so that seems good! Just make sure everything is clear and that there's no unnecessary waffle :smile:
Hi, my NEA is due in a few weeks, i've got a very similar title about regeneration/rebranding and the potential success of a project nearby to me ( my teacher has said it is fine to use my question even though the project is incomplete). I'm finding it quite difficult and the resources my schools provided for structure are not very helpful. Im stuck about what kinds of things to write for my rationale of hypothesis and data collection methods. Did you have any advice or resources i could possibly use please? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending