The Student Room Group

Will the SQA require 2 folio pieces (discursive and creative) again next year?

Thinking of taking higher English since it seems so important, and wanted to know in advance (or at least hear predictions) if the SQA will begin requiring the 2 different folio pieces at higher again.
Reply 1
Original post by SamAw2
Thinking of taking higher English since it seems so important, and wanted to know in advance (or at least hear predictions) if the SQA will begin requiring the 2 different folio pieces at higher again.

The SQA (as far as I am aware) has not said anything about next year's exams. If you ever want to see SQA correspondence they have a news page on their website which is usually updated with exam updates when they announce them.
Reply 2
Regardless of if the SQA requires both pieces or not you will probably write both. Most schools like to have you write both so you can compare and then send in the stronger piece (if only one is required). So in terms of workload, it probably doesn't make much difference to you.
Our school only taught and my class mostly wrote creative last year. I wasn't pleased with that at first as felt my NAT5 persuasive essay was stronger, but once I got into it the creative I found it allowed more scope to use language techniques. Teachers asked everyone to provide a creative and a couple of classmates had strong feelings about it and were allowed to write discursive, but they only got notes, no lessons on it as there was no time.

Quick Reply

Latest