Will the SQA require 2 folio pieces (discursive and creative) again next year?

Watch
SamAw2
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thinking of taking higher English since it seems so important, and wanted to know in advance (or at least hear predictions) if the SQA will begin requiring the 2 different folio pieces at higher again.
bxcs
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SamAw2)
Thinking of taking higher English since it seems so important, and wanted to know in advance (or at least hear predictions) if the SQA will begin requiring the 2 different folio pieces at higher again.
The SQA (as far as I am aware) has not said anything about next year's exams. If you ever want to see SQA correspondence they have a news page on their website which is usually updated with exam updates when they announce them.
finlunn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Regardless of if the SQA requires both pieces or not you will probably write both. Most schools like to have you write both so you can compare and then send in the stronger piece (if only one is required). So in terms of workload, it probably doesn't make much difference to you.
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Our school only taught and my class mostly wrote creative last year. I wasn't pleased with that at first as felt my NAT5 persuasive essay was stronger, but once I got into it the creative I found it allowed more scope to use language techniques. Teachers asked everyone to provide a creative and a couple of classmates had strong feelings about it and were allowed to write discursive, but they only got notes, no lessons on it as there was no time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.89%
October 2021 (194)
46.08%
November 2021 (43)
10.21%
December 2021 (56)
13.3%
January 2021 (46)
10.93%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.26%