Something Peach
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Considering most MAs end when PGCE courses begin, is it possible to go straight from finishing an MA in September to starting a PGCE in the same month? Would there be any issues with SF?

Thanks.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Hi Something Peach,

I hope you're keeping well.

That is a good question. The main thing here is to speak to the teacher training providers directly and ask about the specific start dates for the PGCE courses you're interested in. There can sometimes be some flexibility. Teacher training courses typically start in September (dates vary between providers). If your MA is finishing in September, then you could also explore a January start date if you're likely not to finish it in time. Again, get in touch with providers to ask if they have different start dates in the year.

In regards to Student Finance, it is best to speak to them directly as every case is different. They will take into consideration your circumstance and give you information accordingly.

If you are currently looking into applying for teacher training, then it may be useful to get a Teacher Training Adviser (an experienced teacher) to take you through the application process, provide guidance on what to write in a personal statement, help with interview preparation, etc. You can get more information from the link below:

https://adviser-getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/

All the best with your application.

Kind regards,

Zee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads