The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can't apply twice in the same application cycle. So either you need to contact UCAS to alter the details on your first application, or withdraw all together and apply again next year.
Reply 2
i created the second application with a different email address and my name is not written the same way, the previous one started by td..... and the new one is dt .... new email so its like am another person
Reply 3
best if you contact UCAS and explain!

stay on the safe side :biggrin:
Reply 4
Fatton
i created the second application with a different email address and my name is not written the same way, the previous one started by td..... and the new one is dt .... new email so its like am another person

Well you will probably get found out, but you could get away with it. Who knows. You asked "Is that OK?" and I'm saying that it's obviously not, which you seem to already know. So what's your question?
Reply 5
well think its ok, because its like i am someone else with a different email add and i did not apply with the first one.the first account is empty.its logical isn`t it?
Reply 6
Fatton
well think its ok, because its like i am someone else with a different email add and i did not apply with the first one.the first account is empty.its logical isn`t it?

They do computerised checking of name, DOB and other details.
But it is your application.
If you want to risk having your application cancelled, feel free.
Reply 7
Wouldn't it have been easier just to phone up and explain and they would have changed it on the computer/let you pay on the phone without the need for a new account?

Pretty sure you will have to phone up now. You can risk it but what's the point when it's so easy to solve it properly??
Reply 8
Fatton

Erm, no, obviously it's not OK, because you're not in fact two different people, no matter what UCAS might think.:s-smilie: Unless you created the second account in order to cheat and apply to more universities, I don't see why you can't just call UCAS and ask them to sort everything out.
Fatton

What if (and I don't know if they have) they have an IP checker that flags you up?
Reply 10
Fatton

Or could just call a simple phone number and get them to correct the problem on the first account. Seems like your just making mountains out of mole hills.
They are more likely to check on the exam board centre number and candidate number, the combination of which is unique, than email addresses, which could easily be shared by twin in a family. You should definitely call them and grovel very hard hard indeed.
Reply 12
do u think if i call them and tell them to delete the first account it will be ok then?really got to call them on monday, they might think i wanna cheat.... thks guys
Reply 13
they won't think you want to cheat. just explain the situation to them, and call them monday & fix it.
Reply 14
just called ucas...Its permitted to have two accounts but i just need to apply with one only.so its fine.thks guyz
Reply 15
Good luck with your applications, then.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending