Have you been exposed to covid and avoided it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How long was exposure?

I had 3 positive cases in my house and I never caught it. I was wondering if anyone else had a lucky escape from covid
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Both my parents had it at the same time and I didn't catch it
ROTL94 2
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep, over 2 years and still COVID free.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jayls)
Both my parents had it at the same time and I didn't catch it
Did you avoid them?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Worked in a covid ward for 6 months and didn't get it.
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did you avoid them?
Yep, stayed in my room as often as I could and didn't touch anything they had
Honey57
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Same as you op.
Anonymous #1
I was sat with my friend all Sunday dyer noon and now she’s tested positive. What are the chances of me having it?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
My sister had it and I didn’t catch it, I didn’t even avoid her.. not sure how I didn't get it
Anonymous #1
Afternoon* not sure what’s wrong with my phone atm 😂😅
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I was sat with my friend all Sunday dyer noon and now she’s tested positive. What are the chances of me having it?
If this is recent then unless you’ve tested negative you can’t rule out an asymptomatic case.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I've been incredibly lucky.
All my tests since the pandemic started have been negative.

So many friends & people I used to live with or knew from school have died of covid since 2020.
I was with a friend when she passed away from covid at her home, helped look after her children for a few days until her husband got back.
One of the children tested positive for covid but had no other symptoms.
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve had a driving lesson, no masks, with someone who tested positive the day after. I didn’t get it.

2 years on and I’ve still not tested positive.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes a few months ago I was unknowingly sat right next to my Mum for an evening whilst she had covid but before she found out. My step dad never caught it from her and they live in the house. I'm sure by chance I've been close to others with covid and so far I don't think I've had it - no symptoms or positive LFTs anyway. But I do wonder how long it'll be before I do :lol:
user432
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
immune system just built different
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
Well I’ve worked all through it at times with covid positive patients. My collegues etc around me/in the same office have been going off with it yet I’ve never caught it.

You might say I’ve been asymptomatic but I had a antigen blood test when the nhs were offering them last year it was negative.

I really do bellies it’s down to me being very careful I won’t touch anything with possible exposure without washing my hands after. Been on a covid positive ward today and washed my hands after touching every computor on the ward. I won’t have anyone in my car if I can help it and ask friends to do a test if they want to come round - they refuse and I look like a prick but I don’t see the point in risking it.

I’m doing a lat flow test everyday before going round to my parents house

Yea I shouldn’t speak too soon really but I am very careful. Part of me was thinking he should I let my guard down a bit as in my head it’s better catching this milder strain/getting natural immunity with recent vaccine protection (I had the booster in October) than catching it say in 3 months when vaccine immunity might have waned. If I’m going to catch it anyway in the end I’m wondering if it might as well be now, after a recent booster. This is an unpopular view though that not many would agree on.
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Dunno but I think that means you are required to self-isolate now for 10 days and have lots of tests
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Relatively small, if she's only just started feeling ill and taken a test today.

Really quite high, if she was already feeling grotty and the positive test was from Sunday.

Lower if you're vaccinated. The requirements for you self-isolating now may also depend on your vaccination status.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by skylark2)
Relatively small, if she's only just started feeling ill and taken a test today.

Really quite high, if she was already feeling grotty and the positive test was from Sunday.

Lower if you're vaccinated. The requirements for you self-isolating now may also depend on your vaccination status.
She tested positive on Sunday
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Dunno but I think that means you are required to self-isolate now for 10 days and have lots of tests
I’m fully vaccinated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (18)
7.29%
October 2021 (117)
47.37%
November 2021 (25)
10.12%
December 2021 (32)
12.96%
January 2021 (21)
8.5%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.53%