Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
How long can chlamydia stay dormant for? Is it possible it can be dormant for a couple of years?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How long can chlamydia stay dormant for? Is it possible it can be dormant for a couple of years?
Can Chlamydia lay dormant in females for years.
Chlamydia can lay dormant in the body for many years causing a low grade infection without symptoms. It could potentially flare up to cause a symptomatic infection, especially if there is an alteration in the persons immune system, such as a severe cold or flu, cancer or some other severe illness as reason why you should be tested if you having unprotected sex with different partners all the time to pick up anything unsuspecting as untreated can cause more harm to your reproduction system.

Can Chlamydia stay dormant and not be passed on.....
Because Chlamydia can be dormant for years without being symptomatic, infected persons may easily transmit the disease to sexual partners without knowing. The ability to lie dormant may also be a reason why Chlamydia is so good at hiding in the digestive system despite being eradicated elsewhere in your body.

Whilst Chlamydia often lay dormant in many people, the disease may flare up and cause symptoms due to a change in the immune system such as a cold or flu

A NHS registered midwife.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Can Chlamydia lay dormant in females for years.
Chlamydia can lay dormant in the body for many years causing a low grade infection without symptoms. It could potentially flare up to cause a symptomatic infection, especially if there is an alteration in the persons immune system, such as a severe cold or flu, cancer or some other severe illness as reason why you should be tested if you having unprotected sex with different partners all the time to pick up anything unsuspecting as untreated can cause more harm to your reproduction system.

Can Chlamydia stay dormant and not be passed on.....
Because Chlamydia can be dormant for years without being symptomatic, infected persons may easily transmit the disease to sexual partners without knowing. The ability to lie dormant may also be a reason why Chlamydia is so good at hiding in the digestive system despite being eradicated elsewhere in your body.

Whilst Chlamydia often lay dormant in many people, the disease may flare up and cause symptoms due to a change in the immune system such as a cold or flu

A NHS registered midwife.
Is it the same for men?
Tracey_W
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Is it the same for men?
Yes it similar.

Can Chlamydia stay dormant in males........
Many people, both men and women, who are infected with Chlamydia have no symptoms at all, but may still infect others. Any symptoms show up 1-3 weeks after you have been infected. Chlamydia bacteria may also remain dormant for long periods and then suddenly cause problems or lead to complications.

How long can a man have Chlamydia without knowing
Most people who have Chlamydia don't notice any symptoms.
If you do get symptoms, these usually appear between 1 and 3 weeks after having unprotected sex with an infected person. For some people they don't develop until many months later. Sometimes the symptoms can disappear after a few days.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Yes it similar.

Can Chlamydia stay dormant in males........
Many people, both men and women, who are infected with Chlamydia have no symptoms at all, but may still infect others. Any symptoms show up 1-3 weeks after you have been infected. Chlamydia bacteria may also remain dormant for long periods and then suddenly cause problems or lead to complications.

How long can a man have Chlamydia without knowing
Most people who have Chlamydia don't notice any symptoms.
If you do get symptoms, these usually appear between 1 and 3 weeks after having unprotected sex with an infected person. For some people they don't develop until many months later. Sometimes the symptoms can disappear after a few days.
Is it likely to stay dormant for a few years? Or is that highly unlikely?
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
This is unpredictable to say as it can stay dormant for long enough buy again it might not.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Why not just get tested and get treatment if you have it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Why not just get tested and get treatment if you have it?
I have done don’t you worry. However I’m asking on behalf of someone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.91%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (106)
25.36%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (200)
47.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.59%

Watched Threads