Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am considering dropping out of university as I’m finding my course too intense and not the career path I want to peruse anymore. However I am staying in halls at the minute & have my accomodation for next year booked. Also, I have received a bursary since being here as I’m on a nursing course. Can anyone roughly say how much it costs to drop out as I’m unhappy but worried about the financial side?
legit help
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I am considering dropping out of university as I’m finding my course too intense and not the career path I want to peruse anymore. However I am staying in halls at the minute & have my accomodation for next year booked. Also, I have received a bursary since being here as I’m on a nursing course. Can anyone roughly say how much it costs to drop out as I’m unhappy but worried about the financial side?
Divide it up. Studying isn't fun to begin with, and forcing yourself through a study marathon will only make it worse. Dividing your work into manageable chunks and rewarding yourself when you finish each chunk will make studying (more) fun.

Sleep. Don't underestimate the importance of those eight hours of zzz's every night! Getting a good night's rest will sharpen your focus and improve your working memory.
Revist your decision and know that God will help you out
legit help
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Divide it up. Studying isn't fun to begin with, and forcing yourself through a study marathon will only make it worse. Dividing your work into manageable chunks and rewarding yourself when you finish each chunk will make studying (more) fun.

Sleep. Don't underestimate the importance of those eight hours of zzz's every night! Getting a good night's rest will sharpen your focus and improve your working memory.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hello,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your course at the moment.

My understanding is that you would pay back your student loans the same way as if you were to graduate - once you're earning over the threshold. It would probably be worth speaking to both your uni and Student Finance England to clarify this, and to discuss any financial implications in terms of the bursary. In regards to the accommodation, you could contact your provider and discuss your options. It may be unlikely that you receive anything for this academic year, but they might refund you for next year if you've paid anything towards the costs already. This is probably the best way to get the most accurate information so that you can truly make an informed decision.

All the best!
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi

You don't get fined or anything of that nature for dropping out. But dropping out would mean you still have student debt to pay, only after earning above the threshold: https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-stu...start-repaying

If you are worried about your course thought, perhaps you might like to read my blog on switching course at university, this may give you some guidance: https://www.port.ac.uk/news-events-a...-at-university

Hope this helps
Andrew

University of Portsmouth Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.43%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.18%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.29%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (255)
48.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.39%

Watched Threads