Holding on for Starlight: Chemusen's 2022 GYG Attempt II

Watch
Chemusen
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
That's a very long title- also, the title makes it look like I'm an A-Level student, and that's because that was a second choice title for my 2019/20 GYG, but I remember and like it so much I'm using it redundantly in my second year (it's also a nice metaphor for something or other I reckon- interpretations welcome).

ANYWAY. REGARDLESS OF THAT. HELLO AGAIN! For those finding this without having seen Attempt I, from September, I'm Matt, 19, in South Wales (where the air is pure carbon dioxide and the "sea" is just low-concentration oil), and I go to uni about 10 miles from where I live, but live in halls in termtime anyway because I'm a drain on the economy and my own finances. To be specific, I study chemistry at Swansea University and am currently in a bad position in the middle of second year; I would like to use this as a way to motivate myself and I do hope that I'm able to keep it going rather than completely forget about its whole existence.

Academic History to Date
Spoiler:
Show

GCSEs: 7 A*s, 5 As
AS Levels: AAAB
A-Levels: A*AA
First Year: Module marks ranging from 61% to 91%; average around 70%.

Other Stuff in my Life
Spoiler:
Show

Ah...now this is where this gets a little unstuck. I couldn't tell you a single thing going on in my life outside of current academia, and that's quite a problem. Blame covid, I guess, but I've yet to make good friends or get anything out of university, mostly it's just dull right now.
This is also going to be a mental health journey yet again in my blogs because I've been struggling for a good while now with quite a lot of stuff going on. I'm starting to pick up a little, but I will admit that's from a pretty low base, so there's a long way to go in my life just yet. This should track that and I'll probably go into more depth on it in an update at some point soon.

This last term I've done three very inventively titled modules:
CH-232: Inorganic Chemistry
CH-237: Physical Chemistry
CH-238: Organic Chemistry

One exam was last Wednesday- that being CH-238- which went horribly. Tomorrow then I have the CH-237 one and then CH-232 on Thursday 20th.

This coming term then I have three other modules:
CH-239: Biological and Medicinal Chemistry
CH-240: Computational Chemistry
CH-241: Analytical Chemistry
which make for a very interesting sounding term.

I really don't think there's much more to say just yet so I'll leave that there. Hope a couple of you will join me over the next few months- it could be interesting. Or not. Probably not.

(JT_888, flaurie, absolutelysprout second one made)

And finally, in what is now my own tradition, stop procrastinating on TSR and get back to work.
Last edited by Chemusen; 1 week ago
Advertisement
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
good luck with the exams!!
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Ayy nice one good luck!!
Advertisement
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I hope your exam goes well today!

MP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads