My Recent Mocks (Revison Method help)

Watch
ds.15s
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So i got my mocks back today and they were really disappointing and its mostly because i still dont have good methods of revision
maths-6
english lang-6 liter-2
geography-4
Science -44
I already know these grades are definitely not an accurate representation of what im capable off and its simply because i have struggle revising and i get distracted. I still think i can get an 8 in maths and a 77 in english with a 66 in science if i get the right help

succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
how are you currently revising now?
ds.15s
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by succubus666)
how are you currently revising now?
For science I just open the online book, read it for like 10-15 minutes and then get distracted and just copy everything down from the book onto the flashcard. For english in honesty i didnt revise anything until the day of the exam because a lot of my focus was on maths and even that i didnt get the grade i wanted. For maths i just answer past questions.
Advertisement
TriplexA
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ds.15s)
So i got my mocks back today and they were really disappointing and its mostly because i still dont have good methods of revision
maths-6
english lang-6 liter-2
geography-4
Science -44
I already know these grades are definitely not an accurate representation of what im capable off and its simply because i have struggle revising and i get distracted. I still think i can get an 8 in maths and a 77 in english with a 66 in science if i get the right help
Hi there.

For science ensure you know all the formulas on your specification and can comfortably do conversions of units. Another key area where you may drop a couple of marks is forgetting to add units or not obtaining the correct units so also be aware of this. I recommend thoroughly revising practicals in particular as they can appear as 6 mark Qs.

Once your comfortable on all content attempt as many past papers available as this is not only a good form of revision but it can also help improve your exam technique. I personally try to attempt all Qs and return to the ones that I've missed out - this may be useful for you to help gain the easier marks first and also improve your confidence in the exam. You may also find that answering the Qs you find easier helps you on the Qs that you became stuck on at the start of the exam.

Best wishes.
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ds.15s)
For science I just open the online book, read it for like 10-15 minutes and then get distracted and just copy everything down from the book onto the flashcard. For english in honesty i didnt revise anything until the day of the exam because a lot of my focus was on maths and even that i didnt get the grade i wanted. For maths i just answer past questions.
flash cards, past papers are all good methods just make sure you’re doing them effectively so like keep going through your flash cards but every time u get one wrong put it in a pile for u to focus on later and same with past papers, answer them and when u go back to check with the mark scheme and ur missing some stuff correct it in a different colour and see where u went wrong. for english i suggest mindmaps based on themes and put a few quotes that will go with that theme. and with maths keep doing practice questions same methods with science, see where u went wrong and pay attention to those weaker areas and study them again if needed. goodluck!
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads