Bitcoin advice

Watch this thread
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Yes please.
znne56yu7
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
buy high sell low
Mr. Petrol Head
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by znne56yu7)
buy high sell low
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Don't listen to concernedLMAO
concernedLMAO
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Don't listen to concernedLMAO
How much money you got?
concernedLMAO
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I’ve been in the crypto game for a few years and while I’m down from my peak I can buy a couple houses cash if I wanted to.

1. Stick to Bitcoin and ethereum. Do not bother with shitcoins
2. Don’t try and trade. Just buy and hold. It’s extremely hard to do better than holding cause of tax.
3. It can be incredibly stressful watching the value of your investments plummet, especially when the gains/losses are far higher than can be made up from working a job. Try. To detach yourself from looking at them constantly and remember why you bought them in the first place. This is probably the hardest part, when I was making and losing 10k a day as a teenager it was ripping me apart and I feel like this is the main thing people struggle with.
4. As to when to buy, only you can decide. There is a fairly good chance of it going down over the next few years imo.
5. With Bitcoin it has cycles of about 4 years. Google the halving for more info.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
How much money you got?
How much would you expect an 18 year old to have?
JVM2020
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
isn't Bitcoin some sort of gambling activity?

they used to send me spam.
North London1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I’ve been in the crypto game for a few years and while I’m down from my peak I can buy a couple houses cash if I wanted to.

2. Don’t try and trade. Just buy and hold. It’s extremely hard to do better than holding cause of tax.
3. It can be incredibly stressful watching the value of your investments plummet, especially when the gains/losses are far higher than can be made up from working a job. Try. To detach yourself from looking at them constantly and remember why you bought them in the first place. This is probably the hardest part, when I was making and losing 10k a day as a teenager it was ripping me apart and I feel like this is the main thing people struggle with.
4. As to when to buy, only you can decide. There is a fairly good chance of it going down over the next few years imo.
5. With Bitcoin it has cycles of about 4 years. Google the halving for more info.
Don't most people think that these cycles are shortening now though? The last 12 months has been different as more people adopt.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by North London1)
Don't most people think that these cycles are shortening now though? The last 12 months has been different as more people adopt.
I don’t think so at least for bitcoin. Still see it as being based on scarcity from the 4 yearly halving
concernedLMAO
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
How much would you expect an 18 year old to have?
More than you buddy
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There is a fairly good chance of it going down over the next few years imo.
You supposed to be bitcoin bro! No speaking dis way!

It's going to da moon in 2022!
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Yes please.
TSR is not the place to get 'expert' advice on this.
Quady
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
TSR is not the place to get 'expert' advice on this.
As good a place as any imho
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

-30 % BTC and -40% Eth wow the loses in the last month must be sickening
rayshow053
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I bought Bitcoin at $9K and sold 9 months later at $12K, about a 45% annual return. One month after I sold, it skyrocketed to $40K IIRC, so I had a lot of seller's regret.

Buying it now if you can get it at low 30's, might be a good investment. If big countries don't move to outlaw it, it should maintain value and probably hit 40K or 50K within the next year or two. It would be a good decision to create your own crypto exchange now - this software Soft-FX can be helpful

Although ETH dropped more recently, so that might be the better alternative.
Last edited by rayshow053; 3 months ago
Quady
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rayshow053)
I bought Bitcoin at $9K and sold 9 months later at $12K, about a 45% annual return. One month after I sold, it skyrocketed to $40K IIRC, so I had a lot of seller's regret.

Buying in now if you can get it at low 30's, might be a good investment. If big countries don't move to outlaw it, it should maintain value and probably hit 40K or 50K within the next year or two.

Have you bought back in?
concernedLMAO
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rayshow053)

Buying in now if you can get it at low 30's, might be a good investment. If big countries don't move to outlaw it, it should maintain value and probably hit 40K or 50K within the next year or two.

Yep, this is why you don't trade. Once you cross £100k it's very easy to get destroyed by taxes as well making trading go from hard to borderline impossible.
Last edited by concernedLMAO; 3 months ago
Quady
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yep, this is why you don't trade. Once you cross £100k it's very easy to get destroyed by taxes as well making trading go from hard to borderline impossible.
Why would one trade bitcoin when you can just invest by buying and holding to make way more profits?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JVM2020)
isn't Bitcoin some sort of gambling activity?

they used to send me spam.
Bitcoin isnt a person or an entity, 'they' cant send anything..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads