Nottingham vet med April cohorts thoughts??

Watch
ellll123
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, could anyone from the April cohort answer a few questions?

- How has accommodation been organised, are you with all vet students or mixed?
- How have you found doing EMS and getting placements, e.g. lambing experience?
- How has it been having summer holidays over winter?
- overall thoughts on experience
flamingolover
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi, so my block was all just April vet students. I know there are mixed blocks as well but in most cases your flat will be April vet students. This is because for most of the year there aren’t many other students on campus. One of my friends lived in a flat with mixed courses but this was mainly because she requested certain features.

EMS is much easier to get as there’s less competition. Lambing placements from the end of January to the beginning of April so there’s more flexibility to get placements than there are if you had a shorter winter holiday. Placements such as zoos are also easier to get as there’s less demand as most people can’t do the dates April students can

I personally prefer it. You have your summer at uni which means much more people to enjoy it with. There’s a river that we all swim in, bbq’s and stuff like that so I really enjoyed it. There are 3 weeks in summer as a break so you will still get to see your home friends.

I prefer April to september as I think it has more benefits and it’s less overwhelming as there’s less people. Downsides are limited sports and the socials (such as April vet ball) have a smaller budget than the september one does. This will get better and better as more April years join.
ellll123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
Hi, so my block was all just April vet students. I know there are mixed blocks as well but in most cases your flat will be April vet students. This is because for most of the year there aren’t many other students on campus. One of my friends lived in a flat with mixed courses but this was mainly because she requested certain features.

EMS is much easier to get as there’s less competition. Lambing placements from the end of January to the beginning of April so there’s more flexibility to get placements than there are if you had a shorter winter holiday. Placements such as zoos are also easier to get as there’s less demand as most people can’t do the dates April students can

I personally prefer it. You have your summer at uni which means much more people to enjoy it with. There’s a river that we all swim in, bbq’s and stuff like that so I really enjoyed it. There are 3 weeks in summer as a break so you will still get to see your home friends.

I prefer April to september as I think it has more benefits and it’s less overwhelming as there’s less people. Downsides are limited sports and the socials (such as April vet ball) have a smaller budget than the september one does. This will get better and better as more April years join.
This has been super helpful thank you!! Planning on accepting for April now xx
flamingolover
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellll123)
This has been super helpful thank you!! Planning on accepting for April now xx
That’s great!! I’m starting second year in April so if you have any questions or need any help let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7%
October 2021 (116)
47.74%
November 2021 (24)
9.88%
December 2021 (32)
13.17%
January 2021 (21)
8.64%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.7%