Nexplanon Implant Insertion Concern

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
today i had my implant inserted however the first time it was inserted to deeply and my nurse couldnt feel one end of the implant so it was removed immediately. whilst using a scalpel after 10 mins of tugging and pushing and with a help of another nurse it finally went out. then i had a new implant inserted immediately and the implant could be felt. throughout the insertion and removal process the nurse said she went through the procedure to reduce the chances of the wound from being infected

i was told this was a rare case by the nurse. should i be concerned that i had the implant inserted, removed and another one inserted again in one session
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
today i had my implant inserted however the first time it was inserted to deeply and my nurse couldnt feel one end of the implant so it was removed immediately. whilst using a scalpel after 10 mins of tugging and pushing and with a help of another nurse it finally went out. then i had a new implant inserted immediately and the implant could be felt. throughout the insertion and removal process the nurse said she went through the procedure to reduce the chances of the wound from being infected

i was told this was a rare case by the nurse. should i be concerned that i had the implant inserted, removed and another one inserted again in one session
You'll be fine okay.
Unusual case of inserting it I see as very rare it happens what you said as normally in first time.

Its similar to having inserted one taken out when it's at the end of it time span in your arm and then putting in a new one afterward.

Be aware of bruising and some soreness for few days or so as will clear up okay,

A NHS registered midwife. X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.35%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.94%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (104)
25.18%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.2%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (197)
47.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise